Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm thinking the young police officer that's Jodie's do boy.
Its hard for me to imagine how they could make that work. He doesn't seem all that familiar with doing stuff out all alone on the ice.

Probably the guy that Narravo is fukking.
I don't like the idea...but they insist that we've seen the killer right under our noses, then I GUESS it makes sense.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
That's not it. It's completely nonsensical to have a battery car in Alaska for multiple reasons unless you live in South Alaska/ Anchorage.

1. Your battery will be shyt and cold. Cold negatively affect your battery drain.

2. The amount of distance to get anywhere in Alaska means that vehicle would have to get towed to another city.

3. Electricity cost in Alaska is 23.26 cents per KWH on average in these small mine towns.

4. Lastly... Nobody can realistically afford one.

It's just lazy to have that car on set

Yeah, even my hybrid's ev battery isn't nearly as productive in the winter time as much as spring/summer.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Its hard for me to imagine how they could make that work. He doesn't seem all that familiar with doing stuff out all alone on the ice.

I don't like the idea...but they insist that we've seen the killer right under our noses, then I GUESS it makes sense.

I saw something that got me wondering...could be nothing. But we just watched ole girl's sister become "infected" then walk out and freeze to death almost in the same manner.

The mining area, the water, whatever it is people been theorizing that's infecting the residents, we've technically "seen" that every episode. Maybe they all just walked out and died too? And the only murder truly to be solved is Anna's? Sounds silly but I could see Issa gon for something ambiguous like that fr.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
One tell in mystery/serial killer thrillers is the nicest one will be the killer. Ebert has a term Law of Unecessary Characters. Dude doesn't quite fit that, he's there to humanize Reis a little. But, he's a local. Trusted member of the cimmunity. He's out in the wilderness fishing/hunting or whatever, and in town with a business.

One easy example is David Fincher's adaptation of The Girl With Dragon Tattoo

remember barely trying to figure out the killer, and it was obvious it was the most charming most reasonable character that was introduced, which would apply to the Viking dude here.

Not that invested in this to figure much out, but it would also kind of fit with the shows ethos of it being the nice guy. Other characters are obviously corrupt, but probably not truly the evil villain. The fat commissioner dude and John Hawkes.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I know its sexist, but women shouldn't get free reign to write a show by themselves. Some of these side storylines just seem pointless. Prior getting emasculated by Danvers and his wife. Prior Sr getting catfished like an idiot. There aint one strong male character on the entire show. Navarro staring at the christmas tree in a catatonic state like a drooling idiot had me sayin "wtf did I just watch". 4 episodes in, we don't have a killer, we don't know if there's a killer, we never even seen anyone get killed. No wonder why Nic wanted to distance himself from this. I have a feeling this ice cave bullshyt with its prehistoric whale bones and fissures is about to be some of the worst television I've ever seen.
Nah... There plenty of great female ran production. Dead Loch on Amazon is a hilarious serial killer drama based out of Australia.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm hate watching to the finish but this getting the green light is embarrassing and beneath HBO.

2c5bdfub45u41.jpg

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So that Stephen king joint y’all r talkin about is better then this ??

Why ain’t HBO green light a 2nd szn?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
So that Stephen king joint y’all r talkin about is better then this ??

Why ain’t HBO green light a 2nd szn?

:martin:
HBO decided to pass on the planned second season of their hit adaptation of Stephen King's The Outsider with Ben Mendelsohn and Cynthia Erivo. And today, HBO and HBO Max Chief Content Officer Casey Bloys says they made the decision because they couldn't find a story worth telling.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Early but I'm getting a season 2 trash feel about this one. Looks like they are doing a super nature sci fi twist and that's horrible. Plus I don't like. the women lead cast in shows like this.