Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I'm hate watching to the finish but this getting the green light is embarrassing and beneath HBO.

2c5bdfub45u41.jpg

meanwhile excellent shows like Winning Time and Warrior get cancelled. Smh.
@daemonova Zaslav strikes again. Not even Discovery can save HBO Mid

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
@daemonova Zaslav strikes again. Not even Discovery can save HBO Mid
I like the show, definitely been more enjoyable than s2, and 1 has slough moments especially towards the end.

You say it's horrible, show me who's doing something better.

Ppl complaining about Masters of air and Griselda, ain't nothing but girl shows on Hulu.

Halo burned its fan base last year

Whose doing anything better?

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I'm hate watching to the finish but this getting the green light is embarrassing and beneath HBO.

2c5bdfub45u41.jpg

Yea HBO ain't been the same since that disaster of a final season for Boardwalk Empire. GOT masked some problems but even that showed what the network became.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Yea HBO ain't been the same since that disaster of a final season for Boardwalk Empire. GOT masked some problems but even that showed what the network became.
When has an HBO series not ended in a complete disaster? Sopranos?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I like the show, definitely been more enjoyable than s2, and 1 has slough moments especially towards the end.

You say it's horrible, show me who's doing something better.

Ppl complaining about Masters of air and Griselda, ain't nothing but girl shows on Hulu.

Halo burned its fan base last year

Whose doing anything better?

24' kickin' off with mid so far :manny:

Mr & Mrs Smith was cool

Gotta check Criminal Record on Apple.

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live might restore that feeling with Rick & Michonne but we'll see.

That Yellowstone spinoff wit Mcconaughey might come this yr.

Most of the shyt I mentioned though ain't HBO. This (True Detective) was supposed to be one of da ones for them this yr & they droppin' the ball.

daemonova

Daps
24' kickin' off with mid so far :manny:

Mr & Mrs Smith was cool

Gotta check Criminal Record on Apple.

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live might restore that feeling with Rick & Michonne but we'll see.

That Yellowstone spinoff wit Mcconaughey might come this yr.

Most of the shyt I mentioned though ain't HBO. This (True Detective) was supposed to be one of da ones for them this yr & they droppin' the ball.
There is no male oriented show coming out this year for HbO that I know of, maybe Sympathizer but that has to be really good and it probably won't be.

Our flag means death could have been a perennial good show but they had to attach a gay agenda to it

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
There is no male oriented show coming out this year for HbO that I know of, maybe Sympathizer but that has to be really good and it probably won't be.

Our flag means death could have been a perennial good show but they had to attach a gay agenda to it

They got that 'The Regime' shyt coming wit Kate Winslet but I would've much preferred a Mare of Eastown S2 than a "modern look at an European authoritarian regime" but if it's dope, I'll eat my words. Outside of that, they really have nothing coming besides being propped up by another House of Dragon season.

They say 'The Penguin' pose to drop in 24' too with Reeves but I'll hold my breath. That merge is ain't lookin' like it did em any favors so far tho.

daemonova

Daps
They got that 'The Regime' shyt coming wit Kate Winslet but I would've much preferred a Mare of Eastown S2 than a "modern look at an European authoritarian regime" but if it's dope, I'll eat my words. Outside of that, they really have nothing coming besides being propped up by another House of Dragon season.

They say 'The Penguin' pose to drop in 24' too with Reeves but I'll hold my breath. That merge is ain't lookin' like it did em any favors so far tho.
They wanted to do a Mare 2 but with Jean Smart getting sick and it costing too much to bring everybody back, they went a diff direction.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Boardwalk Empire's last season was a "disaster." People are exaggerating. We're just mad that they skipped over interesting parts of history (because of their deadline) so we were left wanting more. Which is a testament to how good the show was.

Game of Thrones felt rushed but I didn't want more because I didn't trust the show runners could pull it off. Good riddance.
Boardwalk was rushed but I just kept thinking "I wish I could watch these writers, actors and directors cook a little bit longer..."

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I don't think Boardwalk Empire's last season was a "disaster." People are exaggerating. We're just mad that they skipped over interesting parts of history (because of their deadline) so we were left wanting more. Which is a testament to how good the show was.

Game of Thrones felt rushed but I didn't want more because I didn't trust the show runners could pull it off. Good riddance.
Boardwalk was rushed but I just kept thinking "I wish I could watch these writers, actors and directors cook a little bit longer..."

Boardwalk Empire's ending was a disaster because it was forced so Vinyl could be made and that flopped. It was the first sign of HBO's recent run of decisions that have lead to some low quality shows by their standards. HBO has gone from a brand touting it's quality through it's original programming to relying heavily on known IPs and it will only get worse as time goes on.