Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Superstar
Daps
I mean, niccas can't win :manny:

Niccas criticize or point out things they don't like, mfs complain and say people doing too much.

In the other True Detective threads (and in this one), people go super hard with the theories, connecting dots, mfs complain & say just watch the show and shyt on everybody's theories and say people doing too much.

If niccas didn't comment at all, mfs would complain & ask where everybody at.

And you could say this is kind of like reddit cuz same as on here, there's a good amount of Reddit people who are loving this season, there are those who hate everything about it and then there are those who are somewhere in between...

That’s the key, too much. And the negativity isn’t just here. It’s across the entire board. nikkas been miserable about everything. Maybe it’s seasonal depression or something. That shyt is tiring.

:mjlol:
The show could be perfect, somehow everybody’s team magically wins in TSC, Nia Long and Regina Hall could inaugurate their joint onlyfans page with a lesbian scene and share it directly in JBO, the whole bushes get paroled early, Trump loses forever and dies from testicular cancer with his last breath captured on video and posted to TLR… somebody would still be like *official oxygen unappreciation thread*, “I thought Nia long’s a$$hole would be pink, why she suckin Regina Hall’s titties so hard?!…”, etc.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This black actress playing the cop is beyond trash. They should’ve just let Jodie foster cook solo. She is a distractingly bad actress, glaring menacingly at the camera.

I tried to give her grace but yeah she can't act putting her next to Foster makes her lack of skill stand out more

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Cheeks cop is a horrible actress.
The talking limbless guy suddenly rising and saying shyt was corny and lame.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m enjoying it so far. It’s simple. And easier/ less demanding to watch than the 1st 2 seasons.

So far this is the first season where they aren’t dangling any weird pedo/sex abuse plot over us… outside of the forced references to the Tuttle family. Will this change when we find out more about our neck tatted cop?

The supernatural stuff kind of takes me out of it because I know that this has to be a red herring. This franchise isn’t x-files.

So we’re going to have to wait and see how they beat our expectations.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I’m enjoying it so far. It’s simple. And easier/ less demanding to watch than the 1st 2 seasons.

So far this is the first season where they aren’t dangling any weird pedo/sex abuse plot over us… outside of the forced references to the Tuttle family. Will this change when we find out more about our neck tatted cop?

The supernatural stuff kind of takes me out of it because I know that this has to be a red herring. This franchise isn’t x-files.

So we’re going to have to wait and see how they beat our expectations.
They really have a hard time justifying the supernatural shyt unless they pull a Fargo and just embrace it.

Which they should.

If it some bullshyt lead water. This show deserves all it's hate.

If it some prehistoric prion bacteria. That would be ight.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If it some bullshyt lead water. This show deserves all it's hate.
I don’t know how they get away from this. I hope this isn’t the cause of all the hallucinating.

From a structural storytelling standpoint we’ve already been introduced to whatever the cause/villain/monster.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That’s the key, too much. And the negativity isn’t just here. It’s across the entire board. nikkas been miserable about everything. Maybe it’s seasonal depression or something. That shyt is tiring.

:mjlol:
The show could be perfect, somehow everybody’s team magically wins in TSC, Nia Long and Regina Hall could inaugurate their joint onlyfans page with a lesbian scene and share it directly in JBO, the whole bushes get paroled early, Trump loses forever and dies from testicular cancer with his last breath captured on video and posted to TLR… somebody would still be like *official oxygen unappreciation thread*, “I thought Nia long’s a$$hole would be pink, why she suckin Regina Hall’s titties so hard?!…”, etc.

Part of this is the social media affect. People are now years deep into conditioning themselves for refracting everything they consume into social media forms, 180 characters for Twitter, quick video for Tik Tok, funny quote for instagram, and so on. You see it on forums too. People SHOULD critique, but considered, careful, measured critique of shows.

The new era of "criticism" is like sarcastic remarks, or "scores" like Rotten Tomatoes. Where complicated pieces of work are filtered down into a score. I don't like this show A LOT, but I wouldn't just say "it's trash" or "garbage haha"

it's dumbing down everyone to

1) rapid response

2) the most extreme respose

3) no nuance

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
And on the subject of criticism, "rip off's" and influences, I watched a movie from 2011, that I hadn't really heard of, The Texas Killings Fields, with Jessica Chastain, Chloe Grace Moretz, Sam Worthington, Jefferey Dean Morgan, directed by Ami Mann, Michael Mann's daughter

and it covers a series of murders on the same coast of Bayou's, complete with posed victims, that tree, a knife-fight in the dark, two detectives, one religious one not, in a black crown vic, a shootout, demented family, incestual themes,

and it's so close to Season 1, you have to think that Pizalato and Fukuknuga saw this. It wasn't some buried indie, it had A listers in it, and Mann produced, and came out only 3 years before Season 1.

it's not a great movie, script and narrative issues, with some gorgeous shots of Texas bayous

Superstar
Daps
And on the subject of criticism, "rip off's" and influences, I watched a movie from 2011, that I hadn't really heard of, The Texas Killings Fields, with Jessica Chastain, Chloe Grace Moretz, Sam Worthington, Jefferey Dean Morgan, directed by Ami Mann, Michael Mann's daughter

and it covers a series of murders on the same coast of Bayou's, complete with posed victims, that tree, a knife-fight in the dark, two detectives, one religious one not, in a black crown vic, a shootout, demented family, incestual themes,

and it's so close to Season 1, you have to think that Pizalato and Fukuknuga saw this. It wasn't some buried indie, it had A listers in it, and Mann produced, and came out only 3 years before Season 1.

it's not a great movie, script and narrative issues, with some gorgeous shots of Texas bayous

I think they mentioned that they used that movie, the book Galveston, yellow king, etc. for inspiration for season 1.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS