Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I was Morgan Freeman when ol boy came back to life :dead:

fa22bf5eb6eb68664ef68ecc77128fe8516d8db4.gif

Let's see if we get a scene with a doctor lecturing Danvers and Prior on all the hell this man just endured:

Chief, there are 4 degrees of frost bite. He's got 6th degree on over 90% of his body. His optic nerves were frozen solid. He'd've swallowed his own tongue if it didn't freeze halfway down his esophagus. 157 of his bones have shattered. By some miracle, only one of his lungs collapsed. He's experienced about as much pain and suffering as anyone I've encountered, give or take... and he still has hell to look forward to. Good night. :skip:

The gangrene spread everywhere. He needed multiple amputations. He lost his eyesight. :lupe: We kept him heavily sedated but a few hours ago he started waking up. He comes in and out. He's... agitated. Be prepared: he's hard to look at. :lolbron:

:russ:We got it this week. I liked Se7en and my version better :skip:

Superstar
Daps
did we ever find out why that corpse was screaming in the pile, in the intro of the second episode? or did we just move on from that :dead:

Cause he was alive and one of the idiot responding officers broke his frozen arm off. He was separated from the rest, evacuated, and they addressed him by saying he had surgery and in a medically induced coma.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I like this show despite the actors and "world building" for lack of a better word.

Jodie

Jodie being a racist, anti-Eskimo cop is quite believable.
Her being a paper pusher/police procedure expert is also believable.

Her throwing ol boy's drink in his face, and then "writing" him up? FOH.

Evangeline/Kali

1) Clearly Lesbian grinding the hell out of bartender? Uhh maybe.

2) Her mad all the time, but then a good tender sister....sure I guess - but if we got spirits/mental illness in the family - that's more of a distraction to the show than anything.

3) "It's an Inuit thang, you wouldn't understand" - Eskimo, please...

The "Agenda"

These females are being more "alpha", more "aggressive", more "macho" than a lot of the men - a lot of the men that are playing the part of antagonist - I don't know if this is some sort of female power fantasy, but it keeps taking me out of it.

In response to being provoked, why don't these men, slap, punch, shoot, any type of response other than to posture or walk off?

I'm supposed to believe that these dudes are just gonna take it? Because their mothers taught them to not hit girls? Or it will be bad for their careers?

And while all of this suspension of disbelief is crumbling, they are juggling a bunch of side stories
  1. The Lab/Spooky Elements
  2. The Mine and contamination
  3. Backstory between Jodie and Evangeline
  4. The Season 1 links
  5. The Sister - mental illness or in touch with the Gods?
  6. Young Cop/Wife/and Kid
  7. Both cops being nymphos
They could drop the bottom 4 easily. Even if they manage to interweave all of this for the climax - given the cringe dialogue and nonsensical writing - this show would have been better without those elements.

I know that 1) Woodie's sex life, 2) Matt "mowing lawns", 3) and the breakdown of a partnership were a big part of S1, but it's not being handled well here. The homelife of both cops are also mysteries in the show, but they weren't really mysteries in the 1st season.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
they're trying to recreate Rust and Marty's car conversations :unimpressed:
I still like this tho... if they stick the landing this might be better than season 2 and 3, not that that's something to shout about

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
What kinda amateur hour officers are these:mjtf:

Guy threatening you with a gun in sight and you don't pull yours out
They there to get information if you shoot him, you won't get it. If you pull yours, hell definitely shoot. You can get out of this, if you cater to his ego. Women understand this better this better than men will.

I had to employ this strategy to deal with a step brother. You ain't got to kiss his ass, the nicca want a win. It's the only win he'll ever get so let him Have it.

Daps
The gangrene spread everywhere. He needed multiple amputations. He lost his eyesight. :lupe: We kept him heavily sedated but a few hours ago he started waking up. He comes in and out. He's... agitated. Be prepared: he's hard to look at. :lolbron:

:russ:We got it this week. I liked Se7en and my version better :skip:
You called it. :ohhh::mjlol:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I don’t know what yall watching, hating so much. I love this shyt, I think everybody is doing a great job acting. Last nights episode was great to me, I was watching it with my wife and was pissed when it was over, it flew to me. I really can’t stand Jody Foster, but I think even she is doing great, although she could never pass as a straight to me, lol

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know what yall watching, hating so much. I love this shyt, I think everybody is doing a great job acting. Last nights episode was great to me, I was watching it with my wife and was pissed when it was over, it flew to me. I really can’t stand Jody Foster, but I think even she is doing great, although she could never pass as a straight to me, lol
I think people really don't understand the setting and how people in Alaska are generally not pleasant in dark and cold season. Generally, real a$$holes. So, I'm pretty immersed in it.

fukk all that cold. 🥶

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
did we ever find out why that corpse was screaming in the pile, in the intro of the second episode? or did we just move on from that :dead:
Breh he's literally in the episode last night lol.

And in EP2 the nurse calls Danvers telling her that he's in the hospital and in a coma. They addressed it in the same EP I'm surprised how many missed the phone call

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
I don't wanna come off :mjpls:but I've noticed the recent uptick in Native stories (nothing wrong with that at all) featuring Native actors (nothing wrong with that either) has some dodgy acting. I get not wanting the heat for casting non-Natives for the roles but the work suffers for it.
They should have gotten Lily since she really the one who popping right now.
I don't think ol girl trash as many making her out to be tho.