Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
The talking limbless guy suddenly rising and saying shyt was corny and lame.
Damn, tough crowd on The Coli :pachaha: That was my favorite scene of the episode :heh:

That scene alone got me extra hype for the rest of the season. IDK how two ordinary detectives in bumfukk Alaska is gonna solve this case! :damn:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I mean, niccas can't win :manny:

Niccas criticize or point out things they don't like, mfs complain and say people doing too much.

In the other True Detective threads (and in this one), people go super hard with the theories, connecting dots, mfs complain & say just watch the show and shyt on everybody's theories and say people doing too much.

If niccas didn't comment at all, mfs would complain & ask where everybody at.

And you could say this is kind of like reddit cuz same as on here, there's a good amount of Reddit people who are loving this season, there are those who hate everything about it and then there are those who are somewhere in between...
We are complaining because we expect prestige television from HBO.

Not some bull dyke and some old hag solving murders with woke bullshyt, LGBTQ, etc.

A guy jumping up in the bed was :beli:

Is this supernatural now, or just visions from ol'girl drinking the polluted water.

Superstar
Daps
We are complaining because we expect prestige television from HBO.

Not some bull dyke and some old hag solving murders with woke bullshyt, LGBTQ, etc.

A guy jumping up in the bed was :beli:

Is this supernatural now, or just visions from ol'girl drinking the polluted water.

:manny:
Honestly this is one of those tough tiddy situations. We’ve all known that this isn’t the same HBO from before the merger.

The writing was on the wall when it was reduced to six episodes. Maybe they’ll cancel and sell the IP, maybe they won’t.

I’m going to consume the story cooked up because whining in the film room isn’t going to change a thing. It didn’t change season 2 and 3, it’s not going to change this one. None of them are ever going to be season 1, and in spite of that, we’ll live.

I don’t give a fukk if one of the stars likes p*ssy, or if other viewers are ass hurt because they feel she doesn’t move her face enough. I don’t care if Jodie is wrinkly and old, her character is old.

If I felt the need to constantly complain about a show, I certainly wouldn’t repeatedly do it here. I’d open up another streaming service and watch something else. I’m not a fan of most things on TV, but this shyt is entertaining. I can live with the little shyt, if I absolutely need perfection I’d watch season 1 or 3.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Honestly this is one of those tough tiddy situations. We’ve all known that this isn’t the same HBO from before the merger.

The writing was on the wall when it was reduced to six episodes. Maybe they’ll cancel and sell the IP, maybe they won’t.

I’m going to consume the story cooked up because whining in the film room isn’t going to change a thing. It didn’t change season 2 and 3, it’s not going to change this one. None of them are ever going to be season 1, and in spite of that, we’ll live.

I don’t give a fukk if one of the stars likes p*ssy, or if other viewers are ass hurt because they feel she doesn’t move her face enough. I don’t care if Jodie is wrinkly and old, her character is old.

If I felt the need to constantly complain about a show, I certainly wouldn’t repeatedly do it here. I’d open up another streaming service and watch something else. I’m not a fan of most things on TV, but this shyt is entertaining. I can live with the little shyt, if I absolutely need perfection I’d watch season 1 or 3.

Not sure when this got filmed and produced in line with the merger, but the budget cuts seem to show in parts. Or maybe after the debacle of season 2, the budget for any True Detective without the original cast attached was just never going to be the same. This was announced 2021 right? I remember seeing it on here and was like this won't come out for years, didn't even bother opening the thread.

You can kinda see a straight enough line where this only got greenlit because they attached the IP of True Detective, which is probably not fair to anyone, but that's what HBO is doing, and everyone else too.

Superstar
Daps
Not sure when this got filmed and produced in line with the merger, but the budget cuts seem to show in parts. Or maybe after the debacle of season 2, the budget for any True Detective without the original cast attached was just never going to be the same. This was announced 2021 right? I remember seeing it on here and was like this won't come out for years, didn't even bother opening the thread.

You can kinda see a straight enough line where this only got greenlit because they attached the IP of True Detective, which is probably not fair to anyone, but that's what HBO is doing, and everyone else too.

Seasons to 2 and 4 are the kind of debacles I I don’t mind. Once I understood more about going on, I enjoy the fukk out of 2. Nothing about this current season has given me a reason to hate it either.

There’s no series of novels or movies for the TV series to follow. Once it was given the title I “true detective” it became part of the overall lore. It’s absolutely fair because and it’s not that big of a deal. Even if it ends like “cabin fever”, and everybody breaks out into song, I still wouldn’t give a fukk. It’s not custom made for me, so I see no reason to take any of it personally.

I don’t get the hate at all. The show didn’t get phantom menace’d. If anything it gives me both “True detective” and “The killing” vibes, both series I love.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Seasons to 2 and 4 are the kind of debacles I I don’t mind. Once I understood more about going on, I enjoy the fukk out of 2. Nothing about this current season has given me a reason to hate it either.

There’s no series of novels or movies for the TV series to follow. Once it was given the title I “true detective” it became part of the overall lore. It’s absolutely fair because and it’s not that big of a deal. Even if it ends like “cabin fever”, and everybody breaks out into song, I still wouldn’t give a fukk. It’s not custom made for me, so I see no reason to take any of it personally.

I don’t get the hate at all. The show didn’t get phantom menace’d. If anything it gives me both “True detective” and “The killing” vibes, both series I love.
And as I said earlier, it's part Wind river and part Patricia Cornwell, you can't go wrong stealing from both.

I'm pretty sure Taylor Sheridan didn't come up with Wind river by himself.