Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Superstar
Daps
And as I said earlier, it's part Wind river and part Patricia Cornwell, you can't go wrong stealing from both.

I'm pretty sure Taylor Sheridan didn't come up with Wind river by himself.

I’ll have to check this out. I loved Sicario.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Damn, tough crowd on The Coli :pachaha: That was my favorite scene of the episode :heh:

That scene alone got me extra hype for the rest of the season. IDK how two ordinary detectives in bumfukk Alaska is gonna solve this case! :damn:
That shyt could have been done well in a movie or something.
Here it just looked corny and show's treading way too close to being supernatural. I prefer it's either very vague or directly supernatural.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
First two episodes were fine, but I wasn’t feeling this one. Starts off promising, tries laying some groundwork, but just goes about it in a meandering way where it felt like the story couldn’t move forward until the last five minutes. Don’t want to hear any “But the show just started” rebuttals this week.

Want to see how the rest will play out but I’m starting to look at critics like Sepinwall with the side eye. Some of the acting here makes the weak links in the previous seasons look more respectable in comparison.

Sepinwall seems to like everything. Rarely see him pan a show. TV critics in general are way too easy on shows.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting, I like the show but the scene with the “possessed” scientist I think was a bit much. Unless they’re leading to somewhere different.

I like the show overall, the lovecraft/shining vibes keep me into it but I hope the show doesn’t go off the rails which I’m kinda worried about.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Hell or Highwater is Sheridan's other movie, much better than any of his soapy Westerns. Really good movie. I saw that in 2016 in theaters in the midst of the last election. Wow.
He did Those who wish me dead for Warner brothers, it mostly doesn't work, it's on Prime now.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Interesting, I like the show but the scene with the “possessed” scientist I think was a bit much. Unless they’re leading to somewhere different.

I like the show overall, the lovecraft/shining vibes keep me into it but I hope the show doesn’t go off the rails which I’m kinda worried about.
I feel like they gotta pick an avenue and go all in, but I'm afraid they gonna p*ssy foot around and fumble it with something lame.

Just go full John Carpenter/LoveCraft.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It's funny because Alaska has some of the highest rates of alcoholism and drug abuse in the country. I have been to Alaska and while parts of the state are beautiful you can cut the poverty with a knife.
Per capita skew those statistics due to low population rates.

There is just very little meaningful life. If anyone gots like 45 minutes. Googlemap Alaska towns and just see the saddest existence you ever seen.

Go to those island towns like Kodiak Island and that's like the 10th biggest city.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
This black actress playing the cop is beyond trash. They should’ve just let Jodie foster cook solo. She is a distractingly bad actress, glaring menacingly at the camera.

I tried to give her grace but yeah she can't act putting her next to Foster makes her lack of skill stand out more

Cheeks cop is a horrible actress.
The talking limbless guy suddenly rising and saying shyt was corny and lame.
She is ruining the show by herself. Just terrible.