Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Criticism ≠ Hate

This has to stop in 2024 lol. No one is even calling it a bad show or anything. Show is being judged on its own logic and/or own choices to connect this to the True Detective universe, most specifically the only critically acclaimed season at that.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
@Avisible Man

great call on that lol

that's the best prediction I can think of on this site recently

unfortunately highlights how deeply cliched the writing is, when you can call it like that.

down to the sentence structure and the syntax, and the delivery

I'll try to highlight what doesn't work, beyond the writing. It almost feels rushed, (beyond the excellent stylistic direction/photography) like a TV finale.

Forced and top heavy are what I came up with.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Criticism ≠ Hate

This has to stop in 2024 lol. No one is even calling it a bad show or anything. Show is being judged on its own logic and/or own choices to connect this to the True Detective universe, most specifically the only critically acclaimed season at that.
:mjlol:
1/4 of this thread is flat out crying over the brehette riding dikk too hard and jodie foster fukking like a female Hank hill lol. 2/4 of the thread can’t let go of the 1st season lol.

One group is acting like they’re international tastemakers. One group passively half-watching like “I turned on the TV, do something for me….so what happened?”

It’s turning into a smaller version of the Reddit group. If anyone is coming here to talk about what actually happened, what they think is going to happen next, details and clues, any overall appreciation they are going to really have to dig between the “fukk it, I hate these hoes” and “this isn’t as good as season 1” posts every time the posters, who hate the show, watch yet another episode and need to cry again lol.

I don’t even cry this much during the rare time my girl flips to some “real housewives of…” bullshyt. I just go find something else to do or go into another room and watch something else lmao.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
This shyt boring as fukk so far, think I'm gonna wait till the show is over and binge it.
Definitely not great in episodic format. Feels like one of those Disney joints where they stretch out a B rated film script into a TV series.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
1/4 of this thread is flat out crying over the brehette riding dikk too hard and jodie foster fukking like a female Hank hill lol. 2/4 of the thread can’t let go of the 1st season lol.

One group is acting like they’re international tastemakers. One group passively half-watching like “I turned on the TV, do something for me….so what happened?”

It’s turning into a smaller version of the Reddit group. If anyone is coming here to talk about what actually happened, what they think is going to happen next, details and clues, any overall appreciation they are going to really have to dig between the “fukk it, I hate these hoes” and “this isn’t as good as season 1” every time the person who doesn’t like the show watches yet another episode lol.

I don’t even cry this much during the rare time my girl flips to some “real housewives of…” bullshyt. I just go find something else to do or go into another room and watch something else lmao.
I agree with this a lot. The only critique I had is that written like a film. Which makes episode feel pretty subpar on their own.

I think it's a great direction for TD series as it needed a completely different process.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

It’s turning into a smaller version of the Reddit group. If anyone is coming here to talk about what actually happened, what they think is going to happen next, details and clues, any overall appreciation they are going to really have to dig between the “fukk it, I hate these hoes” and “this isn’t as good as season 1” posts every time the posters, who hate the show, watch yet another episode and need to cry again lol.

I mean, niccas can't win :manny:

Niccas criticize or point out things they don't like, mfs complain and say people doing too much.

In the other True Detective threads (and in this one), people go super hard with the theories, connecting dots, mfs complain & say just watch the show and shyt on everybody's theories and say people doing too much.

If niccas didn't comment at all, mfs would complain & ask where everybody at.

And you could say this is kind of like reddit cuz same as on here, there's a good amount of Reddit people who are loving this season, there are those who hate everything about it and then there are those who are somewhere in between...