Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1) This season was perfectly fine doing its own thing.

Linking it back to S1 is a terrible mistake.

2) Jodie acting like such a jerk, that it's super believable.

3) I will continue watching
Why not? Because it gives us potential to wrap up s1 since we know homeboy wasn't the only Tuttle in those snuff videos :francis:

Superstar
Daps
You already know that this won't live up to that. It can't.

It's like doing a Lost sequel with different writers.

lol it’s funny you mentioned “lost”

MV5BNDQxOGI4ZjItM2NhZC00Y2FhLWEwZTAtZTc2MmJmNzY1MjViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_.jpg

Superstar
Daps
Why not? Because it gives us potential to wrap up s1 since we know homeboy wasn't the only Tuttle in those snuff videos :francis:

I don’t think it was meant to be wrapped up. The whole premise of the series is about the humans that are detectives. Everything else, including the case, was just an accessory. There aren’t any “happy endings”. The detectives tell their story until it’s done, the world keeps spinning, and the “monsters” are still out there.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don’t think it was meant to be wrapped up. The whole premise of the series is about the humans that are detectives. Everything else, including the case, was just an accessory. There aren’t any “happy endings”. The detectives tell their story until it’s done, the world keeps spinning, and the “monsters” are still out there.
I mean if they are bringing this up maybe it was meant to be wrapped or connected to the
tuttles
in a way, Not saying its a happy ending anyway by wrapping it

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
People forget Marty telling Rust in the hospital that “they got theirs”

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Too heavy handed. Hitting viewers in the head. I think it's fair criticism to say that the show is a little too self conscious of social media and fan theories and also signaling to viewers values, and that's all fine. I like it for what it is. Nothing would live up to S1, you had A list stars at their absolute best, with a passion project from some academic nerd, who had just one amazing script in him, and the direction of Fukunuga.

The direction is the strongest thing here though. They have really done well with the colors and shots of Alaska under 30 days of night.

Last edited:

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
Starting to question if y’all were paying attention or not with some of these questions. And the second episode of any show is difficult because it’s always a retread of the pilot.

I’m enjoying it this far. :ehh: Jodie ain’t beating the dyke allegations though, that sex scene didn’t fool me.
I thought it was well known she a dyke....

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Show is good so far. I just hope they can explain some of the weird shyt without it being supernatural.

I'm still banking on it being the contaminated water making people hallucination.

As far as the lab mystery....I wouldn't be surprised if they don't solve that at all. Which can't really be called lazy writing because Dyatlov was never solved, either.

Fred.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still banking on it being the contaminated water making people hallucination.

As far as the lab mystery....I wouldn't be surprised if they don't solve that at all. Which can't really be called lazy writing because Dyatlov was never solved, either.

Fred.

Hmm I wonder if there was no murder at all and all the scientist hallucinated some sort of pathogen or something that required them to run out naked. Potentially that organism that Jodie was talking about with her ex-husband. That they hallucinated it being some sort of thing on their skin that they needed the cold to run away from...that doesn't explain the folded clothes though. :jbhmm: