Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i never realized getting manhandled by a butch was so appealing. i guess it's like those ceos who want to get dominated after running shyt all day.

I've posted my pics on here playboy, ain't no bytch dominating shyt.

But you coming off kinda weird writing these long ass "me too"-esque dissertations on a sex scene. It's not that serious. Unless you have some unresolved issues with women. I don't. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I've posted my pics on here playboy, ain't no bytch dominating shyt.

But you coming off kinda weird writing these long ass "me too"-esque dissertations on a sex scene. It's not that serious. Unless you have some unresolved issues with women. I don't. :yeshrug:

Fred.
For real. I don't see the problem with letting a woman take over from time to time. Adds some variety. Weird hangup that cat has lol.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But how exactly the Evangelical Tuttle Family from deep in Louisiana is connected all the way up to Alaska, no idea how they gonna play that..
The family had a ton of money and political connections. There's a reason why all the shyt in season 1 got swept under the rug. The family having some big time investments isn't strange at all.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Caught the Tuttle family reference too. It's an impressive show on a few different levels, but the script is a little jarring sometimes. I get it's not pseudo intellectual Nieczche, but it seems a little off, lurching between kind of like progressive Twitter spaces, and small town gritty. Lot of exposition in that scene with the older woman and Reiss. Jodie Foster character saying "haters" in the first one, sounded a little off.

And I can see how it will probably introduce too many themes and subplots to close out, we have mining, activism, indiengenous vs white, gay relationships, teen sex, small town corruption, mental health. all the science shyt. The Tuttle crime family. Murdered and tortured women. Murdered researchers. Vast influential families. Small town tensions. Grief.

Not sure if I want to expand, but regarding the sex scenes, I can see the larger theme expressed, not only is it telling about their characters, as in who they are-- but just like the Foster one in this episode, they also are a kind of inverse from the first season, and most sex scenes, led by women, who aren't necessarily any different from the men, in putting their needs first and kind of controlling or dominating, which I am not sure is any better, but I'm ok with it.

Last edited: