Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Superstar
Daps
After seeing the trailer, this shyt is connected connected :mjlol:

But how exactly the Evangelical Tuttle Family from deep in Louisiana is connected all the way up to Alaska, no idea how they gonna play that..

It seemed like a whole network of influential figures, senators, etc. It doesn’t seem too far fetched to have schools and the like all over.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Hope old cop isn't getting played by his Russian mail order bride. Talking about her mom is sick :francis: and him sending money.

Been so long since I watched S1, I didn't remember the Tuttle connection.

Danvers got the kid working all hours, but she does seem to be schooling him and is a good detective. You're not asking the right questions :lupe:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Hope old cop isn't getting played by his Russian mail order bride. Talking about her mom is sick :francis: and him sending money.

Been so long since I watched S1, I didn't remember the Tuttle connection.

Danvers got the kid working all hours, but she does seem to be schooling him and is a good detective. You're not asking the right questions :lupe:

Man you know his getting played... mail order russian bride :russ:

Yeah she teachin him.. gonna make that kid into a burn out divorcee who cheated on his wife :wow:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CDN media

:patrice:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I was Morgan Freeman when ol boy came back to life :dead:

fa22bf5eb6eb68664ef68ecc77128fe8516d8db4.gif

Let's see if we get a scene with a doctor lecturing Danvers and Prior on all the hell this man just endured:

Chief, there are 4 degrees of frost bite. He's got 6th degree on over 90% of his body. His optic nerves were frozen solid. He'd've swallowed his own tongue if it didn't freeze halfway down his esophagus. 157 of his bones have shattered. By some miracle, only one of his lungs collapsed. He's experienced about as much pain and suffering as anyone I've encountered, give or take... and he still has hell to look forward to. Good night. :skip:

After last week's PS5 in the Artic Research Facility, I came across this in The Last of Us: Part ll - No Return

Screenshot-20240122-021452.png

:lupe:Is it just a coincidence? Danvers would tell you "that's not the right question." :patrice:

Speaking of which, that scene where Danvers and Prior are running the scenario on the bleachers was riveting. They were being true detectives in that moment.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
So what the fukk was up with the dead body coming back to life right before the smash cut to the intro. Are they just never going to explain or mention it again?

I'm enjoying the show so far, but my expectations are low...
Was Jodie foster the only character that saw it im confused by that scene

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Was Jodie foster the only character that saw it im confused by that scene
Apparently the guy is alive, and in a coma. I must have missed it when they explained. Still, it's weird they just cut away right when it happened and never followed up on it.

They did the same thing with the video on the guys phone randomly cutting out. We never get to hear what Jodie Foster and the other guy have to say about it. Cheap way to build up the mystery, and shyt writing, tbh.

EDIT: Just remembered they cut away after they found the (wrapped body? life size doll?) in the trailer too. Tf

Superstar
Daps
So what the fukk was up with the dead body coming back to life right before the smash cut to the intro. Are they just never going to explain or mention it again?

I'm enjoying the show so far, but my expectations are low...

He wasn’t dead, somehow. He reacted to them accidentally breaking his frozen arm off. They mentioned right afterwards that he was having a leg amputated and was in a medically induced coma, so he couldn’t be questioned about what happened.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
like how do you even feel like a man after that? he had no control. i like a top rider as much as the next person, but if i can't flip her over when i feel like it then i'm the one getting fukked. and she used your toothbrush and took it, left you ashamed and mumbling to yourself how next time you might not answer the door. god damn, a woman in that situation would feel like she was raped.

NRXnnEp.gif

Fred.