Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Apparently the guy is alive, and in a coma. I must have missed it when they explained. Still, it's weird they just cut away right when it happened and never followed up on it.

They did the same thing with the video on the guys phone randomly cutting out. We never get to hear what Jodie Foster and the other guy have to say about it. Cheap way to build up the mystery, and shyt writing, tbh.

EDIT: Just remembered they cut away after they found the (wrapped body? life size doll?) in the trailer too. Tf
When Danvers is at the school and before she lets the kid out of class, she is on the phone with the Nurse who is explaining he is in a coma. Check that scene again for the convo.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The usual suspects gonna be furious at that one :russ:
silence-of-the-lambs-thriller.gif

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They going ham with the spirals then dropping the Travis Cohle bomb plus the dolls and shyt in the trailer. I hope they know what they're doing. Would've liked to see a lil more on coma induced screaming head. Also would've liked to see their thoughts of the video with the dude shaking instead of just a cutaway. And I wonder why Liz care about her daughter learning more about her heritage with the marker shyt. They def keep mentioning the water for a reason.

Daps
Hope old cop isn't getting played by his Russian mail order bride. Talking about her mom is sick :francis: and him sending money.

Been so long since I watched S1, I didn't remember the Tuttle connection.

Danvers got the kid working all hours, but she does seem to be schooling him and is a good detective. You're not asking the right questions :lupe:
giphy.gif

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I'm shaking my head. The way multiple reviews have attempted to erase the first season or dismiss it as a novelty that didn't satisfy views is wild. It's been a decade and the same people with the same weird agendas keep trying to shyt on what is generally regarded as a classic season of television. I remember when it aired there were reviewers complaining about the lack of women in the show, or claiming it was racist, or whatever else. Just weirdo shyt and they're still at it lol.

I think this new season looks really good and look forward to watching it. I'm just tired of the history revision about the CLASSIC first season.

That first season is still GOAT level TV. Up there with Sopranos, Wire, Breaking Bad.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A lot of these complaints are weird as hell to me. No offense.

Edwin Tuttle was the governor of Louisiana and by the time season 1 was over he was a U.S. senator. People are acting like this was some red neck cult. These people have power and their reach is far.

As far as the complaints about this connecting to season 1 :yeshrug: again, I don't get it. "Fargo" references every season and nobody has an issue with it. Season 2 was a direct prequel to season 1.

Hell, I'd have more of an issue if this series finished and didn't address what was a flat out cliff hanger from season 1. Because Marty and Rust didn't do anything to deal with the cult. The series should've been mentioning the Tuttle family every season, though. Even if it's just in passing.

Fred.