Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I don't see why not considering the witch in the hut this season isn't cannon either, she doesn't exist in any of the books...She's some weird Netflix writer concoction that borrows heavily from the witches of the bog from W3...They even mention that they boil kids...

Matter of fact 70% of this season doesn't exist in the books either...

This shyt is straight up fan fiction...

The problem is the video games are just as popular if not more popular than the books(at least on this side of the pond, the books are apparently very popular in Europe). Most people know the Witcher games, they don't have any idea about the books. The show got people out here thinking Tissaia and Stregebor are major players, Nilfgaard are a bunch of religious zealots, and people who play the games think Geralt is in a legit love triangle with Yennefer and Triss.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't see why not considering the witch in the hut this season isn't cannon either, she doesn't exist in any of the books...She's some weird Netflix writer concoction that borrows heavily from the witches of the bog from W3...They even mention that they boil kids...

Matter of fact 70% of this season doesn't exist in the books either...

This shyt is straight up fan fiction...
Doesn't always make it a bad thing.
Some of the changes makes sense .
For one, some of the plot stuff around ciri in this book(the blood of elves) was very repetitive. First she trains at Kaer Morhan, then she Trains with he Priestess at the temple, then she trains again with mages. Just goes from training with one group to another to another. I know after they spent one episode showing her training at Kaer Morhen that they weren't going to waste two more episode doing the same thing with different people.

Also there was alot of time devoted to Triss thirsting after Geralt, they even go on a whole road trip where she does nothing but beg for the D. I think she even rapes him at one point. low key cringey. hard for her to be likeable as a character after all that. despite the rest of the series and the games trying to forget it ever happened. That would upset alot of video game fans that are watching this,glad they cut that out.

Another thing, The witchers themselves like Vesimir are fan favorites from the video game audience as well and yet they are hardly in this books. Some don't appear for pretty much the rest of the series after this book. They were obviously going to give them more to do this season because of that.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
For one, some of the plot stuff around ciri in this book(the blood of elves) was very repetitive. First she trains at Kaer Morhan, then she Trains with he Priestess at the temple, then she trains again with mages. Just goes from training with one group to another to another. I know after they spent one episode showing her training at Kaer Morhen that they weren't going to waste two more episode doing the same thing with different people.

Also there was alot of time devoted to Triss thirsting after Geralt, they even go on a whole road trip where she does nothing but beg for the D. I think she even rapes him at one point. low key cringey. hard for her to be likeable as a character after all that. despite the rest of the series and the games trying to forget it ever happened. That would upset alot of video game fans that are watching this,glad they cut that out.

Another thing, The witchers themselves like Vesimir are fan favorites from the video game audience as well and yet they are hardly in this books. Some don't appear for pretty much the rest of the series after this book. They were obviously going to give them more to do this season because of that.

Nah she straight up drugged him, it's rape. Triss is high key a horrible character. Hell even in the games she never told Geralt the truth about his past when he lost his memory, once again getting with him under false pretenses. If she was a man the #metoo movement would have a field day with Triss.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

Also there was alot of time devoted to Triss thirsting after Geralt, they even go a whole road trip where she does nothing but beg for the D. I think she even rapes him at one point. low key cringey. hard for her to be likeable as a character after all that. despite the rest of the series and the games trying to forget it ever happened. That would upset of of video game fans that are watching this,glad they cut that out.

Its a really bad thing when you completely butcher main characters and their story arcs (Yennefer)...

The books weren't made for television, anyone that expected a 1:1 page adaptation simply doesn't understand how movies/television works...

I got into this franchise from the games that also changed a lot of shyt and did their own thing...CDPR let it be known from the jump, the games are based in the Witcher world and very loosely follow the books...That's one of the reasons Sapkowski was mad at them, the games which were fan fiction of his books made more money than his books...Netflix went at this a different way, the showrunner straight up told the fans the show will be faithfully following the books and to disregard the games...

She said this in regards to the 7 season plan...

Talking to IGN, The Witcher showrunner and Executive Producer, Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, said of the seven season plan, “It would be a straight translation of the books… I think there's just so much material that I don't feel the need to start inventing my own to keep it going.”
You can't say shyt like this promising book nerds you'll deliver them a straight translation of the books and then do what you did in season 2...

Be fukking truthful with your target audience, don't lie to them and expect them to be ok with it...

On the subject of the witcher changes, the changes weren't good...First off there weren't that many witchers even around (5 in total including Geralt)...You add all these extra randoms and decide to kill off a fan favorite? Vesemir is another one, he would NEVER subject Ciri to the trials, let alone attempt to do it without Geralt knowing...That was absolute garbage what they did with his character, then they compounded that garbage with that final episode...

Lastly, I could forgive all this, but what they did to my GOAT glitchy randomly jumping off cliffs and killing me breh Roach was unforgiveable...If you can find ways to write off fan favorites and add characters that don't exist...

you can find a way not to kill a beloved horse for no damn reason...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Its a really bad thing when you completely butcher main characters and their story arcs (Yennefer)...

The books weren't made for television, anyone that expected a 1:1 page adaptation simply doesn't understand how movies/television works...

I got into this franchise from the games that also changed a lot of shyt and did their own thing...CDPR let it be known from the jump, the games are based in the Witcher world and very loosely follow the books...That's one of the reasons Sapkowski was mad at them, the games which were fan fiction of his books made more money than his books...Netflix went at this a different way, the showrunner straight up told the fans the show will be faithfully following the books and to disregard the games...

She said this in regards to the 7 season plan...

You can't say shyt like this promising book nerds you'll deliver them a straight translation of the books and then do what you did in season 2...

Be fukking truthful with your target audience, don't lie to them and expect them to be ok with it...

On the subject of the witcher changes, the changes weren't good...First off there weren't that many witchers even around (5 in total including Geralt)...You add all these extra randoms and decide to kill off a fan favorite? Vesemir is another one, he would NEVER subject Ciri to the trials, let alone attempt to do it without Geralt knowing...That was absolute garbage what they did with his character, then they compounded that garbage with that final episode...

Lastly, I could forgive all this, but what they did to my GOAT glitchy randomly jumping off cliffs and killing me breh Roach was unforgiveable...If you can find ways to write off fan favorites and add characters that don't exist...

you can find a way not to kill a beloved horse for no damn reason...
Geralt never cared about roach in the books like that, he named all of his horses Roach. It was implied that he goes through several of those horses during his adventures.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Geralt never cared about roach in the books like that, he named all of his horses Roach. It was implied that he goes through several of those horses during his adventures.
And the Witch didn't exist in the books either, she was inspired by a character from the games...

You can't use "but in the books" when it fits your narrative...

You're either following the books or you're not and they're clearly not...

They could of found a better way to deal with a fan favorite from the games...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
And the Witch didn't exist in the books either, she was inspired by a character from the games...

You can't use "but in the books" when it fits your narrative...

You're either following the books or you're not and they're clearly not...

They could of found a better way to deal with a fan favorite from the games...
Seems like they are using the books as loose inspiration for the overall storyline, but picking and choosing when to blend fun parts of the games into the story.
I mean i knew when Henry Cavill did the video game voice for Geralt and wore the same type of armor that any notions of them not using the games for inspiration was bs.
in the audio books Geralt sounded alot like colin farrell although, the audio book format isn't some official source for how characters should sound.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
It's not even on Games of Throne season 5-8 level. It's like CW's Vampire Diaries is to HBO's True Blood.

vampire diaries was a better show, so we not doing this, nudity and violence does not make you a better show

Vampire diaries seasons 1-4 was legitimately great TV.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
So was the Witch lady from the woods supposed to be a gender swapped gaunter o'dimm?

Because if so they butchered that tremendously.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Damn they killed my boy eskel just like that
I can never forgive the show for amateurish writing like this
Introduce him and then off him in the same episode not to mention they have him acting like a douche and not the brother that geralt should view him as
Then she begin to show flashbacks the next episode to establish why geralt is mourning this travesty of a character lol

I really gotta struggle to finish the season
Too many fantasy fights imo
The first season had that great fight scene with geralt vs renfri bandits and now its all monster fights every episode
such a waste of a cgi budget

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Damn they killed my boy eskel just like that
I can never forgive the show for amateurish writing like this
Introduce him and then off him in the same episode not to mention they have him acting like a douche and not the brother that geralt should view him as
Lol
People really crying about this like crazy
It ain’t no biggie
The show needs ONE Witcher not more