Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
this.

I love the Witcher franchise but aside from the acting which is great this season is like a really good B-level show. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not on the take of Game of Thrones seasons 1-4. Henry Cavill, Anya Chalotra and the dudes who play Dandelion and Vesemir are all killing it but the writing isn’t great.

still a fun show to watch though. It’s like dexter level but not quite game of thrones.
It's not even on Games of Throne season 5-8 level. It's like CW's Vampire Diaries is to HBO's True Blood.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Phenomenal

Show is 100x better than last season, mostly because of production values.

Watching this in 4k with dolby vision is incredible. Netflix really giving us big budget filmography spread across 8 episodes on a SHOW :wow: truly feels like a ridley Scott movie like promethius .. this could have been a feature film.. what a treat

The ending of season 2 ... wow wasn't ready for that what a payoff ... overall fantastic

From what I've read all the book readers and witcher gamers are big mad... well sucks to be you :wow:

As somebody who knows nothing about nothing when it comes to witcher lore and history, s2 was straight piff :blessed:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
this.

I love the Witcher franchise but aside from the acting which is great this season is like a really good B-level show. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not on the take of Game of Thrones seasons 1-4. Henry Cavill, Anya Chalotra and the dudes who play Dandelion and Vesemir are all killing it but the writing isn’t great.

still a fun show to watch though. It’s like dexter level but not quite game of thrones.

Might get better with time, tbh

What if Blood Origin is better :wow:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Really enjoying this series. as a fan of the games and the books.
The monster design is on point. The power level and threat of various monsters even to witchers is handled correctly. Despite them seeming invinceble against humans, any of them can die against alot of these monsters.
They are taking various liberties with the source stories in order to add more action. and give the main stars of the cast more to do. makes sense though because in some the books they will sideline popular characters for like several books or you won't hear from them again at all. The witchers were hardly involved with anything beyond training ciri in the book this season is based on for example
For another example in the next book, Ciri becomes a member of gang called the rats. it largely the primary focus of the entire book and Geralt is pushed into the background almost as a side character in his own series. One the weaker books imo

Overall though they are still progressing along the books main storyline. There are still characters yet to be introduced that really brought this series to life for me. so i am mostly looking forward to that. If you played the games you might know who i'm talking about

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Overall though they are still progressing along the books main storyline. There are still characters yet to be introduced that really brought this series to life for me. so i am mostly looking forward to that. If you played the games you might know who i'm talking about

Even though he's not canon I'd like for them to throw Gaunter in. :wow:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Even though he's not canon I'd like for them to throw Gaunter in. :wow:
I don't see why not considering the witch in the hut this season isn't cannon either, she doesn't exist in any of the books...She's some weird Netflix writer concoction that borrows heavily from the witches of the bog from W3...They even mention that they boil kids...

Matter of fact 70% of this season doesn't exist in the books either...

This shyt is straight up fan fiction...