Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There was no big time jump this season what are y'all talking about? Maybe a few weeks/month when Ciri was training but it was a fairly linear season. Battle of sodden was near the family Ciri was at end of s1, you could hear the battle from there so that wasn't a large travel time.

Breh, they act like Kaer Morhen is 12 hours away from Cintra and the Temple of Melitele :dead:

You have one episode were they are traveling in the cold winter in KM and the next scene it's like spring near the Temple of Melitele. They also make it seem like Geralt, Ciri and Yen meet at Temple and it's been a week from each of their travels (specially because of Jaskier acts like he's been imprisoned for a few days) :dead:

The build up to the last episode is also hilarious how they all get to the same places at the same time and how they cut them escaping from 1 place and reaching another (which is far away) like it's been hours and shyt :mjlol:.

I'd had far less issues with this if the characters always acted like time had passed between their trips and the show had a better pace. But shyt is so frantic half the time that's distances, time and travel make no sense.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Finished. 7.5/10. I liked it. :ehh: The finale's reveal would have had more impact to me if I wasn't familiar to some of the lore I got through playing Witcher 3.

Hyped for season 3 though.

Blood Origin looks like a CW show :patrice:

:francis: Yeah, I got that feeling too. Why is it being made? Whatever guap they used for that would have gone to better use for the main series future.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Finished. 7.5/10. I liked it. :ehh: The finale's reveal would have had more impact to me if I wasn't familiar to some of the lore I got through playing Witcher 3.

Hyped for season 3 though.

:francis: Yeah, I got that feeling too. Why is it being made? Whatever guap they used for that would have gone to better use for the main series future.
Netflix knows that this don't have HBO staying power to take two years off between season, probably. So, they are gonna create these spin off properties in between the main show to break up the wait and keep fan interest high.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
On episode 4 and this is pretty much more of the same from season 1. I can’t say there has been a drastic improvement or change to the show. The best you could say about the show is that it is ok.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Hearing book readers hate it.

Translating this isn't the same with Games of Thrones. It requires a lot of revisions and re-imaging. It's why I was big skeptical, because you really need a visionary and brilliant mind to make the right changes to not only make this a better product or even a watchable one. The showrunner has never really came off to me more than someone that could do more than recreate scenes from a comic book. Her best works are clearly from comic books.

So, it's really disappointing to see what two years gives you... This product is very underwhelming. Also, fukk unbearable book nerd that only want 1:1 to the source material. The books don't work or lend themselves to being good film products.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:picard: the showrunner really said "fukk the source material" this season

Yeah I went into my kindle app and skimmed back through the book and this season went conpletely off rails. This isn't like GoT which for the most part at least the main plot points stayed true to the source material, this is different.

Hell Yennefer and Ciri spend a lot more time together in the books and Yennefer called Ciri ugly half the time. Also y'all still have no idea who the real main villain of the story is(granted it is only hinted at in book 2, book 3 is where you really find out)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I went into my kindle app and skimmed back through the book and this season went conpletely off rails. This isn't like GoT which for the most part at least the main plot points stayed true to the source material, this is different.

Hell Yennefer and Ciri spend a lot more time together in the books and Yennefer called Ciri ugly half the time. Also y'all still have no idea who the real main villain of the story is(granted it is only hinted at in book 2, book 3 is where you really find out)

Is that character in the show?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Hell in the books Triss and Geralt have smashed before the events of the book ever happened... granted she raped him, but still. Geralt isn't a womanizer in the show like he is in the books. Geralt be fukking hoes.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Is that character in the show?

Yes they are, as of right now none of the show watchers would have any idea who it is. Book readers already know, but I wonder if they are even gonna be the villain in this show now since the roles are so much different in the show than the book.