Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
First episode of season 2. Feels like they already had their groove going in. This season is gonna be tight :takedat:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It's out of order, but it still makes sense(no time skips this time) Maybe I need to reread the book it has been over a year, but the first few episodes events I remember happening later in the book.
I'm about to be on episode 8 yea they did the damn time jump with no reference shyt again :francis:I'm getting sick of the writers doing that:hhh:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So people are saying online that only episode 1 is an improvement and the rest is on the same level as season 1?

I watched most of episode 1, and yeah it's good but jesus the writing is super mediocre.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So people are saying online that only episode 1 is an improvement and the rest is on the same level as season 1?

I watched most of episode 1, and yeah it's good but jesus the writing is super mediocre.

There are improvements in the sense of special effects for the monsters. There's some impressive stuff done with them that wasn't present in season 1.

As an overall series though, I'd say it's very similar to season 1. I little easier to follow every thread and storyline, but not by much. They still skip time and do weird travel jumps that make no sense and you just have to go along with it. The overarching story is still compelling and they do a lot of stuff to entertain you throughout. It's just not the prestige show that it seems it could be.

Probably to send a message to book fans that all bets are off.

Isn't his role bigger in the third game than in the books?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
There are improvements in the sense of special effects for the monsters. There's some impressive stuff done with them that wasn't present in season 1.

As an overall series though, I'd say it's very similar to season 1. I little easier to follow every thread and storyline, but not by much. They still skip time and do weird travel jumps that make no sense and you just have to go along with it. The overarching story is still compelling and they do a lot of stuff to entertain you throughout. It's just not the prestige show that it seems it could be.

Isn't his role bigger in the third game than in the books?
Something as simple as sub title for time and place would help

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The only problem the show has is it expects you to have read the books. I understand what is going on because I read the book, if you didn't read the book though the time skips and travel jumps will throw you off.

This season is based off the book Blood of Elves, which the season has it on rails thinking it happens over the course of a few weeks, when it's really takes place over the course of a year or two.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just made it to Episode 8 but Ciri the entire season:

giphy.gif

calh45

Cal
Daps

I'm halfway through it and I'm just as :stopitslime:at Yennefer this season as I was in Season 1. She is a boring character that's the embodiment of a Karen who magically gets saved by plot armor. She stays being an a$$hole to everyone (I still don't understand how almost every person in this universe gets stabbed at the slightest insult, but they happily let her pop off even in chains). Every chance someone tries to help her out she goes nuclear, in which she should get cut off, but that never happens. They still keep coming back to help her goofy ass.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I'm halfway through it and I'm just as :stopitslime:at Yennefer this season as I was in Season 1. She is a boring character that's the embodiment of a Karen who magically gets saved by plot armor. She stays being an a$$hole to everyone (I still don't understand how almost every person in this universe gets stabbed at the slightest insult, but they happily let her pop off even in chains). Every chance someone tries to help her out she goes nuclear, in which she should get cut off, but that never happens. They still keep coming back to help her goofy ass.

Yeah I’m on episode 5 and Yen is the worst character. Her parts drag the story down and she’s not even getting naked this season:francis:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
There was no big time jump this season what are y'all talking about? Maybe a few weeks/month when Ciri was training but it was a fairly linear season. Battle of sodden was near the family Ciri was at end of s1, you could hear the battle from there so that wasn't a large travel time.

As far as overall quality I think it's fine. I enjoy the books too but I don't think any of the material is GoT level. This is just really solid fantasy shyt. A big part of why GoT went over so well especially with regular ppl is GRRM firmly rooted it in historical shyt. It's War of the Roses with dragons. Most fantasy, particularly high fantasy is not that. The Witcher is a franchise about a monster hunter who wants to be neutral but gets embroiled in politics and bullshyt anyway because of "destiny." Show does a good job at that while still being fun. If anything I wish it was more monster of week tbh.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just finished, this season started off strong then ended kinda ehhh but better than Season 1. The main things that annoyed me...

-Weak ass "obstacle course" at Kaer Morhen :heh:. It's hilarious watching the clip from Witcher 3 where kid Ciri is doing flips on the course, on a cliff, with a blindfold and a sword. Then you see this
- Killed off nearly all the Witchers, Eskel and Roach. :francis:
- The Witchers getting bodied by baby dragons :mjlol: I thought the ones left are supposed to be the best of the best.
- Vesemir's personality was weird. He was more like a cool, laid-back grandpa than a wise one.
- The Witchers just letting anyone walk into Kaer Morhen. I mean the Evil Sage guy just walks in, takes the blood and dips :dwillhuh:. Also, the random ass orgy :skip:
- Yenn trying to find and kidnap Ciri nearly the whole season then being like "I'm sorry let's be a family" in the end :stopitslime:. Season 1 she spent a whole season crying about having a baby, this season it was trying to get her powers back. Her whole arc is confusing af.

Blood Origin looks like a CW show :patrice:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Something as simple as sub title for time and place would help

It would but the show also (light spoilers for some later episodes)
fukks up the dialogue and pace.

One minute we are in Kaer Morhen and we are to believe that at the same time (or close to that) something is happening in Cintra. Then characters go to Cintra in the span of a few minutes and ACT like only a few minutes have passed. Same when they go back to Kaer Morhen.

Like, even with a subtitle that said "Month 3, year 1250" from one trip to "Month 5, year 1250" to the other, the dialogues and actions wouldn't make sense like half the time.