Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Finished the season ,7/10

Solid acting ,decent popcorn entertainment.If their goal is for this to be a flagship show that transcends Netflix they have a lot of work to do .Nothing to do with the set production/CGI bothered me too much ..Its just the writing and storylines didn’t draw you in like top tier shows do .

Hopefully they slow the hell
Down for season 2.

Also imma need to have no more talking gold dragons :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finished the season ,7/10

Solid acting ,decent popcorn entertainment.If their goal is for this to be a flagship show that transcends Netflix they have a lot of work to do . Hopefully they slow the hell
Down for season 2.

Also imma need to have no more talking gold dragons :mjlol:

The show is already that.

Netflix's 'The Witcher' dethroned 'The Mandalorian' as the biggest TV series in the world

Aside from that, I agree. I just finished the gold dragon ep and the CGI was abysmal.

But I won't hold it against the show. I grew up on 80's sci-fi, horror, etc. where most of the special FX were awful so it doesn't really bother me that much.

But going forward....yeah. For a show this big, which is clearly a hit....they need to throw some money at CGI.

Fred.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Netflix's 'The Witcher' dethroned 'The Mandalorian' as the biggest TV series in the world

Aside from that, I agree. I just finished the gold dragon ep and the CGI was abysmal.

But I won't hold it against the show. I grew up on 80's sci-fi, horror, etc. where most of the special FX were awful so it doesn't really bother me that much.

But going forward....yeah. For a show this big, which is clearly a hit....they need to throw some money at CGI.

Fred.
They will get the bag for season 2.

This has too much potential.

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora

Fred.

FX don’t matter to me either ,it just can’t be talking gold dragon level bad ..that’s too jarring. You can’t have bad CGI and mediocre writing .Cant overlook both

GOT had trash CGI at first too but the writing and political shyt was so good that we didn’t really care that much about it ...it wasn’t until the writing slipped where people would loudly bytch about it and notice shytty sandsnake fight scene choreography :dead:

and as far as being the “biggest TV series in the world” thing this was released at the perfect time (holiday season ),with a lot of people coming in trying to scratch their Game of Thrones itch . If a good amount of those people see that this isn’t near that level and check out the momentum will not hold up ESPECIALLY when the next season isn’t until 2021

Westworld,Mr.Robot,Homeland all lost big momentum because of perceived lukewarm seasons
I’m a big fan of all three but it is what it is

I’ll be back for season 2

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
FX don’t matter to me either ,it just can’t be talking gold dragon level bad ..that’s too jarring. You can’t have bad CGI and mediocre writing .Cant overlook both

GOT had trash CGI at first too but the writing and political shyt was so good that we didn’t really care that much about it ...it wasn’t until the writing slipped where people would loudly bytch about it and notice shytty sandsnake fight scene choreography :dead:

and as far as being the “biggest TV series in the world” thing this was released at the perfect time (holiday season ),with a lot of people coming in trying to scratch their Game of Thrones itch . If a good amount of those people see that this isn’t near that level and check out the momentum will not hold up ESPECIALLY when the next season isn’t until 2021

Westworld,Mr.Robot,Homeland all lost big momentum because of perceived lukewarm seasons
I’m a big fan of all three but it is what it is

I’ll be back for season 2

I disagree. As far as people checking out.

It's a Netflix show, people know what they're in for. They know they drop all eps at once and then there's a long ass wait. It is what it is.

And I don't think anybody is checking this out off the strength of "GOT". Hell, that's been pointed out as a potential flaw for this series....people going into this with minimal knowledge because it kinda looks like "GOT" then being :dahell: because it's nothing like it.

Fred.

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I disagree. As far as people checking out.

It's a Netflix show, people know what they're in for. They know they drop all eps at once and then there's a long ass wait. It is what it is.

And I don't think anybody is checking this out off the strength of "GOT". Hell, that's been pointed out as a potential flaw for this series....people going into this with minimal knowledge because it kinda looks like "GOT" then being :dahell: because it's nothing like it.

Fred.

That’s why The Witcher being the biggest show ever shyt is kind of misleading. People are checking it out off the strength of GOT (like me because I’ve never played The Witcher game and there are people in this thread stating that they are throwing it on because of the GOT comparisons)and dropping it when it’s clear that this isn’t GOT.

but this doesn’t have to be GOT to be a great show :yeshrug:

as far as the future is concerned the fantasy space is about to get really crowded with Lord of The Rings,The GOT prequel,Carnival Row (if people even watch that :mjlol:) Some Netflix shows can afford to disappear for a year and pop back up because it ain’t shyt like it on TV (Narcos,Dark) idk if Witcher can do the same ..but I will say that because of the strong game fan base I can see this moving on for a long time . And if the poster that said they had to cram two books in one season and season two will be more streamlined that will help the show out a lot:ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That’s why The Witcher being the biggest show ever shyt is kind of misleading. People are checking it out off the strength of GOT (like me because I’ve never played The Witcher game and there are people in this thread stating that they are throwing it on because of the GOT comparisons)and dropping it when it’s clear that this isn’t GOT.

but this doesn’t have to be GOT to be a great show :yeshrug:

as far as the future is concerned the fantasy space is about to get really crowded with Lord of The Rings,The GOT prequel,Carnival Row (if people even watch that :mjlol:) Some Netflix shows can afford to disappear for a year and pop back up because it ain’t shyt like it on TV (Narcos,Dark) idk if Witcher can do the same ..but I will say that because of the strong game fan base I can see this moving on for a long time . And if the poster that said they had to cram two books in one season and season two will be more streamlined that will help the show out a lot:ehh:

I get what you're saying but I don't think the "GOT" factor is as important as people are making it out to be. Because you could watch 2-3 eps of this and know it's not "GOT". The popularity of this series was sustained over the course of it's 8 eps. And then on top of that "Toss A Coin To Your Witcher" went viral. Then on top of that this series renewed interest in "The Witcher 3", which logged 94,000 players over a 24 hour period....which was more than the initial release of the game.

More people are playing The Witcher 3 on Steam than when the game launched in 2015

So yeah, I'm sure some people tuned in because it's kinda like "GOT"....but that ain't gonna cause all that other shyt to happen.

Fred.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just binged it and thought it was overall dope. Never played the games or read the books so I only had passing knowledge of the lore. Thought the world building was great although I hated how they set up all these different timelines. I know they had to develop the characters but it felt all over the place. Def in for season 2 though.:ehh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think people are over-rating GoT S1 a little. It took more than a while to get its feet and got a lot of lukewarm reviews.
GOT S1 was the shyt and had people hooked from what I remember... Especially after people saw how that show got down when you know who got murked
:wow:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Show got me dumping hours into Witcher 3 again on switch :wow:. Can’t wait to see what they do with a bigger budget next season

Second only to the series/games, is seeing the Coli talk about the show though:russ: