Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
So......someone explain to me how this Djinn worked...it seems like it got away lol

But Geralt got all three wishes?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
So......someone explain to me how this Djinn worked...it seems like it got away lol

But Geralt got all three wishes?

His hand was the one who opened the genies vessel so he had the wishes. Yennefer had been trying to capture the genie and angered it, and Geralt knew as soon as it fulfilled his wish and got it's freedom it would kill Yennefer, so Geralt wished for his and Yennefer's fates/destinies to be bound together to save her life, because a djinn can't kill it's master and if it kills Yennefer it would have to kill Geralt too. He saved her life because even though she acts like a bytch he still liked her and didn't want nothing bad to happen to her.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
His hand was the one who opened the genies vessel so he had the wishes. Yennefer had been trying to capture the genie and angered it, and Geralt knew as soon as it fulfilled his wish and got it's freedom it would kill Yennefer, so Geralt wished for his and Yennefer's fates/destinies to be bound together to save her life, because a djinn can't kill it's master and if it kills Yennefer it would have to kill Geralt too. He saved her life because even though she acts like a bytch he still liked her and didn't want nothing bad to happen to her.

UnfinishedObeseBrownbear-size_restricted.gif

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Overall I thought this was a good setup season 1. Cavill is on point as Geralt, less is more with that character. Ciri's story felt kinda disconnected to me though. Of course they're gonna pick up on it more going forward but I didn't have a feel for what was going on with her storyline.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Overall I thought this was a good setup season 1. Cavill is on point as Geralt, less is more with that character. Ciri's story felt kinda disconnected to me though. Of course they're gonna pick up on it more going forward but I didn't have a feel for what was going on with her storyline.
What i'm curious about is if the actress is capable of being the later version of ciri. She eventually becomes something of a badass like Geralt. She better use this long ass break to practice sword work. Do as well as Renfri did in episode 1 and it'll be all good. The impression i got from her interview though is that she knows nothing about the book or even scenes she's not acting in. So she might be disappointing.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What i'm curious about is if the actress is capable of being the later version of ciri. She eventually becomes something of a badass like Geralt. She better use this long ass break to practice sword work. Do as well as Renfri did in episode 1 and it'll be all good. The impression i got from her interview though is that she knows nothing about the book or even scenes she's not acting in. So she might be disappointing.

Renfri's sword fight was in good part done by the stunt actress in place of her. Cavill talks about it right here:

As for Ciri's actress, she's stated to wanting to take up some action scenes on the show and is looking forward to it. Also, she's close in age IRL as adult Ciri is and by the time they get to that point in the show, she'll definitely be that age and they can train her up with all this break time like you said, lol.