Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally the only way they could of made this easier is if they cut every single scene with Ciri during the first 7 episodes and spliced them together as the last episode with her meeting Geralt at the end of it lol

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
As far as how they look, Triss in the show is fine as fukk(:takedat:) she wasn't all that cute to me in the games.

Oh ok. To each his own. I favored Triss look in the game over Yen (part of why I chose her in the game + She treated Geralt better, I don't prefer my ladies to be bytchy, Triss seemed like she could be low-key freakier and I never liked the whole "fated angle" of Yen to Geralt either). Red head with freckles = win! They were both fine in the game and both fine here tho. Show making Yen look ridiculously sexy tho. Need to see more Triss. Can't wait for season 2.

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
Just finished the season, overall I found it :ehh: but I'll put most of the issues I had with it in spoilers.

While the multiple timelines started to make sense as the show went on, I don't think it actually enhanced the story. If anything it did a disservice to some of the character building, mostly with Yennifer. One ep she is talking to a dead baby about the world isn't worth living in, next time we see her she is driven to having a child :dwillhuh:. I get she may have gained power, beauty and found it lacking but it would mean more to actually see that progression. Some of the concepts of the world aren't really clear either. Nilfgard in particular could have used more fleshing out as to their motives and why they want to take over the Continent. Instead of crossing between the 3 stories (Ciri being the least interesting), it would have been dope to see a few episodes focused on a single character or place to better establish the stakes. I know they are adapting a series of short stories, but I felt the writing could have been tightened up. There's a version of the show I could imagine with Geralt and the bard fighting different monsters each work and traveling the country that I could see being more effective.

On the positive side I did like Geralt's gruff demeanor and his wanting to just fight monsters and collect coin :ehh:. Destiny always has a way of messing things up in this show though :francis:. Some of the magical elements were cool, particularly in the finale with all the mages waging war and Season 2 is poised to be better with a lot of the pieces in place. The eye candy as well :takedat:
The Nilfgaard angle for wanting to conquwr the continent will.probbaly get explained during the second season and it's amazing.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Oh ok. To each his own. I favored Triss look in the game over Yen (part of why I chose her in the game + She treated Geralt better, I don't prefer my ladies to be bytchy, Triss seemed like she could be low-key freakier and I never liked the whole "fated angle" of Yen to Geralt either). Red head with freckles = win! They were both fine in the game and both fine here tho. Show making Yen look ridiculously sexy tho. Need to see more Triss. Can't wait for season 2.

I like Yens look in the game better, and Yen may treat Geralt like shyt, but I can tell she used to fukk the soul out of that man.

Also Triss is shiesty, and she don't really care about Geralt like that.

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Literally the only way they could of made this easier is if they cut every single scene with Ciri during the first 7 episodes and spliced them together as the last episode with her meeting Geralt at the end of it lol

all they had to do was add better visual cues for the timelines. Make Calanthe older. Give someone a beard. nikkas looked the exact same and y’all blame people with no backstory for this series for not being able to follow along initially. :mjlol:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all they had to do was add better visual cues for the timelines. Make Calanthe older. Give someone a beard. nikkas looked the exact same and y’all blame people with no backstory for this series for not being able to follow along initially. :mjlol:
It’s no different for anybody who doesn’t know the backstory when characters are straight up saying “it’s been 10 years since” or “I haven’t seen you in at least a year”
:mjlol:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
It was filmed like the movie alexander but also had fantasy elements is what i mean. It was more like troy.

whereas this show is more like lord if the rings or king arthur.

i feel like the difference is clear in the way i described.

GOT added fantasy elements to a largely realistic middle ages story.

but the witcher is pure fantasy, swords and sorcery.
no my nikka. go look at the definition of historical fiction. Nothing about GoT is historical. The setting is all based on places,ppl that don't exist or have never existed. That shyt is pure fantasy. Just like the Witcher :russ:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
i`m bout to start episode 5, so far i`m really liking this. Reviewers must be Disney+ fanboys or something. I think someone who hasn`t read the books, or played the games would enjoy the show but would be quiet lost. I understand most things for the most part. I beat Witcher 3 and both DLC`s 2-3 years ago.