Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Make you wanna take her home, feed her bone, and don't even treat her wrong. :wow:

Once I saw more of her she grew on me, she really is the baddest broad on the show.
They had to write her into to this season. She wasn’t a big role in the first couple books. Next season, we’ll probably see a lot more of her. Literally

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
They had to write her into to this season. She wasn’t a big role in the first couple books. Next season, we’ll probably see a lot more of her. Literally

giphy.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
great to hear...I like adult dramas that behave as such...a good story coupled w/ gratuitous nudity/violence...that’s how vikings lost me...it was too “clean cut” as a result of being on the history channel

You see fully naked women and dudes getting sliced the fukk up in the very first episode.

Fred.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the season, overall I found it :ehh: but I'll put most of the issues I had with it in spoilers.

While the multiple timelines started to make sense as the show went on, I don't think it actually enhanced the story. If anything it did a disservice to some of the character building, mostly with Yennifer. One ep she is talking to a dead baby about the world isn't worth living in, next time we see her she is driven to having a child :dwillhuh:. I get she may have gained power, beauty and found it lacking but it would mean more to actually see that progression. Some of the concepts of the world aren't really clear either. Nilfgard in particular could have used more fleshing out as to their motives and why they want to take over the Continent. Instead of crossing between the 3 stories (Ciri being the least interesting), it would have been dope to see a few episodes focused on a single character or place to better establish the stakes. I know they are adapting a series of short stories, but I felt the writing could have been tightened up. There's a version of the show I could imagine with Geralt and the bard fighting different monsters each work and traveling the country that I could see being more effective.

On the positive side I did like Geralt's gruff demeanor and his wanting to just fight monsters and collect coin :ehh:. Destiny always has a way of messing things up in this show though :francis:. Some of the magical elements were cool, particularly in the finale with all the mages waging war and Season 2 is poised to be better with a lot of the pieces in place. The eye candy as well :takedat:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the season, overall I found it :ehh: but I'll put most of the issues I had with it in spoilers.

While the multiple timelines started to make sense as the show went on, I don't think it actually enhanced the story. If anything it did a disservice to some of the character building, mostly with Yennifer. One ep she is talking to a dead baby about the world isn't worth living in, next time we see her she is driven to having a child :dwillhuh:. I get she may have gained power, beauty and found it lacking but it would mean more to actually see that progression. Some of the concepts of the world aren't really clear either. Nilfgard in particular could have used more fleshing out as to their motives and why they want to take over the Continent. Instead of crossing between the 3 stories (Ciri being the least interesting), it would have been dope to see a few episodes focused on a single character or place to better establish the stakes. I know they are adapting a series of short stories, but I felt the writing could have been tightened up. There's a version of the show I could imagine with Geralt and the bard fighting different monsters each work and traveling the country that I could see being more effective.

On the positive side I did like Geralt's gruff demeanor and his wanting to just fight monsters and collect coin :ehh:. Destiny always has a way of messing things up in this show though :francis:. Some of the magical elements were cool, particularly in the finale with all the mages waging war and Season 2 is poised to be better with a lot of the pieces in place. The eye candy as well :takedat:

Yeah I would’ve liked to see a couple of more episodes of Geralt and the Bard going around killing random monsters :ehh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watching this shyt like

wmgyOWj.jpg

Cuz I don’t know wtf is going on. But I’m enjoying it. I’ve never played the games either. I’m on episode 5 right now.
The random storylines jumping around had me like this too. I never played the games either
:yeshrug:

Sounds like you should rewatch then. Can't be half-sleep watching a show with this much pulp and expect to fully appreciate it.
The wife filled me in
:mjgrin:

She rocked with it heavy.