Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
That's when I realized it too. :ohhh:Told my wife they fukking with the timeline when I saw the young version of him and his sister. Then Yen talking bout how she been a mage to royalty for 30 years and shyt. I'm not sure if they were purposely trying to fool people with the 3 different timelines or if they just kinda fukked up in the presentation, cause other than Foltest nobody showed any signs of aging in the different timelines. Dialogue was the only reveal and if you not paying attention it's easy to miss.

Witchers age very slowly and Mages can stretch their lifespans for centuries.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finished the last ep, can't believe they basically put Geralt on a stretcher for the entirety of it. :why:

The battle was okay I guess. They clearly wanted to end big but I feel the show didn't really need it. A lot of the creative decisions seem to have been made for the very same reason to give off this sense of epicness, but they should have just trusted the audience to get invested in the world and characters and build on that more.

Either way I think they are sitting on some really good stuff here with a strong main cast. Hopefully they put more trust in the narrative next season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if you watch anime, but HBO was supposed to do an adaptation of Monster(in my top 3 anime ever) directed by Guillermo Del Toro, and that fell through. They were supposed to do a US version of Utopia (@hex was all about that one, like me) but that fell through. They were originally gonna do American Gods (they wouldn't have pulled that fukk shyt, like Starz did, with Orlando) and that fell through, too. HBO passes on greatness, yet still keeps us fed more than any channel could even imagine trying to. I have no shame being a self proclaimed HBO stan when they keep artistic integrity as a priority. I thought His Dark Materials was mid, but they had so much to make up for it.

HBO also passed on "Breaking Bad".
Vince Gilligan said he pitched it to them and their expressions alternated between :gucci::mjtf: and :patrice:

Fred.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if you watch anime, but HBO was supposed to do an adaptation of Monster(in my top 3 anime ever) directed by Guillermo Del Toro, and that fell through. They were supposed to do a US version of Utopia (@hex was all about that one, like me) but that fell through. They were originally gonna do American Gods (they wouldn't have pulled that fukk shyt, like Starz did, with Orlando) and that fell through, too. HBO passes on greatness, yet still keeps us fed more than any channel could even imagine trying to. I have no shame being a self proclaimed HBO stan when they keep artistic integrity as a priority. I thought His Dark Materials was mid, but they had so much to make up for it.

Bruh how we don't have a live action American version of this shyt in 2020 is nuts.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I'm 2 episodes in and I'm finding it okay tv.

Less than ok breh..

The shyt is fukking MEH!!!

So are those girls witches?

Is the princess a witch too?

Why did this nikka supes get caught by elves..

What kind of mutant is he?

shyt is....:unimpressed:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I’m the games/books is Geralt already famous when the story begins? In the first few episodes he’s not world renowned, but later in the season everyone knows who he is just by name...

Part of that has to do with Dandelion. Dude is basically the PR department for Geralt.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So who should dandelion get on the remix?

Gibbs. :wow:

njyOsO4.gif

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Not sure how anyone who’s not familiar with the games or novels could get into this. It really feels like they expect you to know a lot of shyt going in.

Id say it’s solid but nothing more. Acting was really good but aside from that it felt mid.

I had no knowledge of the games or books. It's pretty easy to get because the core story is pretty damn simple.

Yes, there's a ton of stuff that the show gives you the bare minimum information but it is enough for someone like me to understand wtf is going on and leave enough curiosity to either keep watching or get into the deeper lore (I'm gonna play Witcher III after seeing this show).

Towards the end I felt the problem was not enough time to develop stuff more than lack of knowledge.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
That's when I realized it too. :ohhh:Told my wife they fukking with the timeline when I saw the young version of him and his sister. Then Yen talking bout how she been a mage to royalty for 30 years and shyt. I'm not sure if they were purposely trying to fool people with the 3 different timelines or if they just kinda fukked up in the presentation, cause other than Foltest nobody showed any signs of aging in the different timelines. Dialogue was the only reveal and if you not paying attention it's easy to miss.
I didn't catch it until like episode four :pachaha:

After re-watching it though, in the first episode Ciri mentions Cilandre winning her first battle when she was her age, then I think it was Renfri who mentioned her just having won that same battle when she was talking to Geralt in the forest so they were apparently setting it up from the beginning