Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
BelovedRaggedHoatzin-small.gif
Aight cool:salute:
Witcher 3 been in my backlog for a min so I'm going in fresh. Show will probably get me to finally start it:mjlol:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
The show definitely suffers whenever Geralt isn't on screen. Neither Ciri nor Yennefer had stories interesting enough to warrant being co-leads with Geralt. Ciri's story in particular I found meandering and thought could have been compressed to a couple of episodes. But Geralt and Ciri are together now and it seems like they're gonna link up with Yennefer in season two, so I'm sure that won't be much of an issue going forward. They will also presumably have a larger budget for more action scenes and monster hunts, though I hope they keep using costumes and animatronics for the monsters

Also, Yennefer was more smashable with the hunchback and fukked up jaw :steviej:

:mjlol:y’all brehs are too much

:unsure: Can’t say you’re wrong tho

overall good show, would’ve liked it to be a bit longer (10-12 eps) and with better pacing, wanted to see Geralt’s relationship with Renfri and Yen fleshed out some more

ciri’s storylines was eh :francis:

Looking forward to season 2

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Oh and the Bard was funny, hope he’s in the next season. His songs :lolbron:

Also Yen’s t*ts :wow: digging all this nudity, Sabrina should’ve showed them thangs too:takedat:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok. I live for high end fantasy shows, and normally understand and can follow the most complex ones. I read all the GOT books way before the show ever aired.

But, I'm a little lost with the Witcher (I never played the games or read the books). So we got three different timelines. I'm on episode 3. Why is Yennifer screwing over the brotha? (don't know his name) Is it because he was working undercover for the wizard and told him she was part elf?

Also, what are the timelines in the series? How far apart are they?

I'm glad they said fukk the source material and made the cast diverse. Good to see black people in a big fantasy series.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok. I live for high end fantasy shows, and normally understand and can follow the most complex ones. I read all the GOT books way before the show ever aired.

But, I'm a little lost with the Witcher (I never played the games or read the books). So we got three different timelines. I'm on episode 3. Why is Yennifer screwing over the brotha? (don't know his name) Is it because he was working undercover for the wizard and told him she was part elf?

Also, what are the timelines in the series? How far apart are they?

I'm glad they said fukk the source material and made the cast diverse. Good to see black people in a big fantasy series.

Up to ep 3.

From what I remember, the black mage was spying on Yen, who was spying on him. He found out she was part elf and told the Court or whatever, who wouldn't let her go to the kingdom she wanted to, due to them hating elves.

The Ciri time line is in the present and the Geralt time line is roughly 20+ years ago. When Geralt met Renfri she said that one queen had just won her first battle, and she was a young girl. In Ciri's time line, that's the queen that died in ep 1. Also the brother and sister from ep 3 were shown as kids in Yen's time line.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Up to ep 3.

From what I remember, the black mage was spying on Yen, who was spying on him. He found out she was part elf and told the Court or whatever, who wouldn't let her go to the kingdom she wanted to, due to them hating elves.

The Ciri time line is in the present and the Geralt time line is roughly 20+ years ago. When Geralt met Renfri she said that one queen had just won her first battle, and she was a young girl. In Ciri's time line, that's the queen that died in ep 1. Also the brother and sister from ep 3 were shown as kids in Yen's time line.

Fred.

So Yennifer's timeline is 30 years in the past? (which is 10 years behind Geralt's?) And thanks for the explanation.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So Yennifer's timeline is 30 years in the past? (which is 10 years behind Geralt's?) And thanks for the explanation.

No problem.

I'm only up to ep 3 and watched the first 2 eps 2-3 days ago so my memory might be a little fuzzy....but I'm pretty sure Geralt and Yen are in the same time line, or very close.

Fred.