Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Too much Yennefer and Ciri for me and not enough Geralt / monster hunting
full

The show definitely suffers whenever Geralt isn't on screen. Neither Ciri nor Yennefer had stories interesting enough to warrant being co-leads with Geralt. Ciri's story in particular I found meandering and thought could have been compressed to a couple of episodes. But Geralt and Ciri are together now and it seems like they're gonna link up with Yennefer in season two, so I'm sure that won't be much of an issue going forward. They will also presumably have a larger budget for more action scenes and monster hunts, though I hope they keep using costumes and animatronics for the monsters

Also, Yennefer was more smashable with the hunchback and fukked up jaw :steviej:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The child story and the Yennifer story were weak to me.
They almost treated Geralt as if he was a side character and this was some girl power adventure shyt.

Hopefully they correct this and devote more time to him.

That said this first season was all a setup for season 2 and I hate shyt like that because what if they weren't greenlit for a season 2?

Hopefully next season improves upon the weakness of this first entry and we get more Geralt stories and more of his adventures through the world.

Geralts care for Yennifer and Ciri was entirely rushed though, the moves they made the supposed deep love that was developed and the supposed heartbreak at his wish, had no emotional weight because they never invested enough story time in developing it and making it matter.

Yennifer is throwing that p*ssy to everyone and having a orgy and suddenly she is in love with Geralt and they are soulmates or some shyt? Same with Renfry in the first episode, he is calling out her name after a afternoon. Thats poor story pacing.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The show definitely suffers whenever Geralt isn't on screen. Neither Ciri nor Yennefer had stories interesting enough to warrant being co-leads with Geralt. Ciri's story in particular I found meandering and thought could have been compressed to a couple of episodes. But Geralt and Ciri are together now and it seems like they're gonna link up with Yennefer in season two, so I'm sure that won't be much of an issue going forward. They will also presumably have a larger budget for more action scenes and monster hunts, though I hope they keep using costumes and animatronics for the monsters

Also, Yennefer was more smashable with the hunchback and fukked up jaw :steviej:

giphy.gif

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
They almost treated Geralt as if he was a side character and this was some girl power adventure shyt.

That said this first season was all a setup for season 2 and I hate shyt like that because what if they weren't greenlit for a season 2?

Hopefully next season improves upon the weakness of this first entry and we get more Geralt stories and more of his adventures through the world.

Geralts care for Yennifer and Ciri was entirely rushed though, the moves they made the supposed deep love that was developed and the supposed heartbreak at his wish, had no emotional weight because they never invested enough story time in developing it and making it matter.

Yennifer is throwing that p*ssy to everyone and having a orgy and suddenly she is in love with Geralt and they are soulmates or some shyt? Same with Renfry in the first episode, he is calling out her name after a afternoon. Thats poor story pacing.

They put Yen and Ciri's backstory in there because in the books and games the only backstory you get is Geralt's really, even though Yen is just as important as Geralt to the story, and Ciri is more important than either of them. If they follow the books, trust me you will find out all you need to know about Geralt. I liked Yen's backstory(Ciri's felt like it was going nowhere until the end), it actually sheds some light on why she acts the way she does and builds her character.

A lot of game players complained when Witcher 3 came out and it was heavily implied that you should choose Yen over that Triss, because in the games you got to know and romance Triss for 2 games just to have Yen thrown in there at the end and a lot of people don't have a connection to her, this will make people understand why Geralt always goes back to Yen, especially cause in the books Geralt don't fukk with Triss like that at all bruh(he smashes her once(kinda against his will) and puts her in the friend zone forever).

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They put Yen and Ciri's backstory in there because in the books and games the only backstory you get is Geralt's really, even though Yen is just as important as Geralt to the story, and Ciri is more important than either of them. If they follow the books, trust me you will find out all you need to know about Geralt. I liked Yen's backstory(Ciri's felt like it was going nowhere until the end), it actually sheds some light on why she acts the way she does and builds her character.

A lot of game players complained when Witcher 3 came out and it was heavily implied that you should choose Yen over that Triss, because in the games you got to know and romance Triss for 2 games just to have Yen thrown in there at the end and a lot of people don't have a connection to her, this will make people understand why Geralt always goes back to Yen, especially cause in the books Geralt don't fukk with Triss like that at all bruh(he smashes her once(kinda against his will) and puts her in the friend zone forever).
Im glad you enjoy the books and.games.
Im judging the series as a standalone. They didny present anything the.depth they needed to.

I dont mind tge yennifer stuff if within the show it.didnt come.off ad a side quest away from tge main protagonist. Same with ciri, all that daid her.story still felt weak to me, just takes on because.again, they provided no depth to any of the relationships at all.

Im sure if the story of the relationships were told as well as the game and the books I would have no problem, ut as presented its very wrak imho

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Im glad you enjoy the books and.games.
Im judging the series as a standalone. They didny present anything the.depth they needed to.

I dont mind tge yennifer stuff if within the show it.didnt come.off ad a side quest away from tge main protagonist. Same with ciri, all that daid her.story still felt weak to me, just takes on because.again, they provided no depth to any of the relationships at all.

Im sure if the story of the relationships were told as well as the game and the books I would have no problem, ut as presented its very wrak imho

Well if that's the case then I don't know what to tell you, they only got 8 episodes. Honestly this season probably should of been about 10-12 episodes at the least. That's my only problems with this.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

This was gonna originally center on Ciri only

fortunately that didn’t happen

• Dap

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Well if that's the case then I don't know what to tell you, they only got 8 episodes. Honestly this season probably should of been about 10-12 episodes at the least. That's my only problems with this.
There is nothing for you to tell me, it isnt your job it was the job of the showrunners.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i fukked with this :ehh:...it was like watching the adult version of legend of the seeker (one of my favorite shows that slept on). More along the lines of xena and hercules instead of GoT so idk why so many reviewers were comparing the two. Im ready for a season 2 for sure. Nvr played the games or read the books and this made me at least wanna watch a playthrough of the witcher 3 just for geralt and yennefer relationship.

• Dap