Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Emhyr casting is going to potentially level up the show like crazy. Need to get someone swagged out. Charles Dane is too old and doesn't have the look but he has the type of presence you need. If Ian Mcshane were 15-20 years younger :whew:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Watched 4 episodes so far, had no idea it was from a book/game lol...anyways yeah it is kind of confusing tbh for a neophyte like myself, a lot of stuff going on and lot really sure how to tie everything together but overall good show.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Yo what other shows did rotten tomatoes shyt on but got as much love as this? I frequent a lot of forums n i truly believe the 90% audience score. Most ppl loved this series, yea the timeline shyt was absolutely 100% mishandled but besides that i think everyone enjoyed the world they got thrown into

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yo what other shows did rotten tomatoes shyt on but got as much love as this? I frequent a lot of forums n i truly believe the 90% audience score. Most ppl loved this series, yea the timeline shyt was absolutely 100% mishandled but besides that i think everyone enjoyed the world they got thrown into
Meh, I think the criticisms are fair, but I think most critics are being way too fair to tv-shows to begin with.

Besides the mishandled time skipping, the biggest letdown is the lack of build-up put into the relationships. Geralt seemingly falls in love with Renfri after dikking her down in the woods once, and falls in love with Yen after a single night of talking and bathing.

There's actually some strong groundwork in both relationships and how they affect Geralt but the show really rushes through both. They should have dedicated probably a full episode (no Ciri) to the Renfri story to properly set it up, they definitely needed to hold back on the reveal of the third wish longer and establish more of Geralt and Yen's run-ins together to tie their fate together.

I still have to watch the final ep but I did thoroughly enjoy the series so far and definitely hope they can expand on it more in the second season.

Also, I remember this being done before with something but can't remember what movie or series it was, but they should consider releasing a different edit of the series that plays chronologically. I'd be very interested to see how the story paces then.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Timeout timeout timeout:stopitslime::stopitslime:
On episode 4 the ending is confusing me:stopitslime::stopitslime: pavatii throws up then geralt walks fast :stopitslime: why that other guy said geralt is now a bond with that child:mjtf::mjtf: outta nowhere :mjtf:
Someone explain please :mjtf:
This law of suprise is confusing

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Timeout timeout timeout:stopitslime::stopitslime:
On episode 4 the ending is confusing me:stopitslime::stopitslime: pavatii throws up then geralt walks fast :stopitslime: why that other guy said geralt is now a bond with that child:mjtf::mjtf: outta nowhere :mjtf:
Someone explain please :mjtf:
This law of suprise is confusing

Because the law of suprise is you have something of mine which you do not know yet, and NOBODY knew Pavetta was pregnant yet and they found out right as Geralt called it. So yeah Ciri is essentially his adopted child.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Just randomly noticed the time line jumping after they showed young and old Foltest. Now im lost on wtf is going on :snoop:
That's when I realized it too. :ohhh:Told my wife they fukking with the timeline when I saw the young version of him and his sister. Then Yen talking bout how she been a mage to royalty for 30 years and shyt. I'm not sure if they were purposely trying to fool people with the 3 different timelines or if they just kinda fukked up in the presentation, cause other than Foltest nobody showed any signs of aging in the different timelines. Dialogue was the only reveal and if you not paying attention it's easy to miss.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Because the law of suprise is you have something of mine which you do not know yet, and NOBODY knew Pavetta was pregnant yet and they found out right as Geralt called it. So yeah Ciri is essentially his adopted child.
3471zef35q641.jpg