Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I liked it, we never got to see enough of their backstories, seeing what Yennefer went through as a child and knowing what Geralt went through as a child makes me understand why they love each other so much and bonded so hard behind Ciri.

Yennefer and Ciri backstories don't interest me, I was in it for Geralt and the monster hunting. When it starts turning into a soap opera romance / love series I'm out​

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yennefer and Ciri backstories don't interest me, I was in it for Geralt and the monster hunting. When it starts turning into a soap opera romance / love series I'm out

Bro at it's core this really aint shyt but a violent ass very R rated version of a love/family story bruh. You gonna get your fill of killing don't get me wrong, but even the show's symbol is direct representation of the family structure and bond between Geralt, Yennefer, and Cirilla bruh.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Bro at it's core this really aint shyt but a violent ass very R rated version of a love/family story bruh. You gonna get your fill of killing don't get me wrong, but even the show's symbol is direct representation of the family structure and bond between Geralt, Yennefer, and Cirilla bruh.

I'll fast forward past those parts:ehh:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Just finished the season

overall solid. If you never read the books or played the games, it’ll be tough at first since the show dives right into the world

Henry killed it as Geralt. Loved the dry humor, the wordplay game with Yen, the sword fighting, the Jaskier dynamic

Anya impressed me as Yen.

Freya Allan as Ciri was great. Going to be interesting to see how she is in Season 2 as presumably they will go to Kaer Morhen

There’s so much material, they really can make this a 7 season plus show

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yennefer and Ciri backstories don't interest me, I was in it for Geralt and the monster hunting. When it starts turning into a soap opera romance / love series I'm out​

Yennefer's back story is the best thing about the first season and Ciri's story is pretty much the whole book/game/TV plot. Dunno what to tell you breh.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I went to order the first book of the series on Amazon and it's sold out. I looked to see if they had a copy of the game on PS4 available, and it's sold out too. This series might have low key saved Netflix :wow:

I really thought HBO was gonna gun for Witcher. I feel like @hex and @obarth posted rumors back in like 2016.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I really thought HBO was gonna gun for Witcher. I feel like @hex and @obarth posted rumors back in like 2016.

I wish the show had the HBO budget, but it's probably better that HBO didn't because the show would have been unfairly compared to Game of Thrones. I wonder how the prequels are gonna hold up with the disaster that was season 8.

Just be glad it's on Netflix and not AMC where the show would have guaranteed to be ruined by season 2.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't know if you watch anime, but HBO was supposed to do an adaptation of Monster(in my top 3 anime ever) directed by Guillermo Del Toro, and that fell through. They were supposed to do a US version of Utopia (@hex was all about that one, like me) but that fell through. They were originally gonna do American Gods (they wouldn't have pulled that fukk shyt, like Starz did, with Orlando) and that fell through, too. HBO passes on greatness, yet still keeps us fed more than any channel could even imagine trying to. I have no shame being a self proclaimed HBO stan when they keep artistic integrity as a priority. I thought His Dark Materials was mid, but they had so much to make up for it.