Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fun show to watch but has obvious issues

-id like to think i follow along with shows and movies better than most. But damn once episode 4 hit im like :what: werent these people dead in episode 1 :what: long story short, the show has incredibly long flash backs to events that lead up to episode 1. Episode 4 an entire episode of this and happens frequently in later episodes.

The issue is they never give you a warning or lead up to when youre in the past or present.

For casual watchers i can see why thatd be annoying. Especially when introducing a character not known to masses but the obvious goal here is to make The Witcher a house hold character

-The cgi/dragons/monsters looked low budget. Like 3 pm on a tuesday show on UPN bad. Homeboys in Space bad. The dragons especially.

-kind of a lack luster season finale :ld:

-they never explain most things and why they work. As someone pointed out, they never explain the witcher powers. The potions anyone drinks all seem to have different effects but they never say what they are.

The action scenes were dope, just wish there was more of them. The acting for most part was pretty good.
I’m confused about episode 4. If it’s a flashback, why does Geralt know the bard? And in the castle part, why do they call him the butcher, does that take place later? Or am I confused?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I’m confused about episode 4. If it’s a flashback, why does Geralt know the bard? And in the castle part, why do they call him the butcher, does that take place later? Or am I confused?
The palace scene is a flash back...

The Butcher and bard meeting took place before that though

Here's the timeline...

52emycael6641.jpg

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps

Only geralt and yennefer stories are taking place in the past while ciri is all present stuff. Their stories sync up with ciri and present day on the last 2 episodes

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
They showed the actor who plays him. He’s just younger .They could use the same actor.

Duny... Ciris Dad

i was just reading up on emhyr and found out he was the hedgehog knight..i only know him from witcher3 i never knew that :wow:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They did introduce the emperor tho. If you played the games then you should have caught that . Don’t want to spoiler for people who don’t know tho .

Edit- I guess they technically didn’t introduce him, but they will probably use that same actor
If you're referring to...

Emhyr Var Emreis of Nilfgaard they did not mention or introduce him by name at all...Fringila once mentioned the "white flame" to Cahir which is Emhyr's nickname but they gave zero context what that was in reference to...

They left the season off with having viewers believe Cahir is leading the army for the Usurper which is crazy wrong...Cahir wasn't even the general commanding the army...The siege of Cintra was lead by Emhyr, not the Usurper, and Fringila is Emhyr's mage, not Cahir's...Cahir is only looking for Cirilla because Emhyr tasked him with finding her...

I really dislike how none of this was covered or even remotely mentioned this season...Emhyr is too big of a player in this story...

I get they're doing this to setup the swerve, I just don't think they're doing it right and keep in mind if you played the Witcher 3 you know the swerve because the first 15 minutes of the game reveals it to you...This is not like GOT with John's parents...

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
About 13 minutes left in episode 1. This is dark as hell. :picard:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The last episode was good, but didn’t work as a season finale.