Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Fun show to watch but has obvious issues

-id like to think i follow along with shows and movies better than most. But damn once episode 4 hit im like :what: werent these people dead in episode 1 :what: long story short, the show has incredibly long flash backs to events that lead up to episode 1. Episode 4 an entire episode of this and happens frequently in later episodes.

The issue is they never give you a warning or lead up to when youre in the past or present.

For casual watchers i can see why thatd be annoying. Especially when introducing a character not known to masses but the obvious goal here is to make The Witcher a house hold character

-The cgi/dragons/monsters looked low budget. Like 3 pm on a tuesday show on UPN bad. Homeboys in Space bad. The dragons especially.

-kind of a lack luster season finale :ld:

-they never explain most things and why they work. As someone pointed out, they never explain the witcher powers. The potions anyone drinks all seem to have different effects but they never say what they are.

The action scenes were dope, just wish there was more of them. The acting for most part was pretty good.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I've never read any of the books or short stories and only played through Wild Hunt once or twice and I can keep up :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm 4 episodes into the show so far, and it's been solid if not spectacular :ehh:

I actually have The Witcher 3 on my shelf of backlog games I haven't got around to :francis:, only familiar with some basic elements.

Geralt doesn't talk much, but he does have a cool voice.

The time jumping isn't great, but starts to make more sense as the show goes along. They do pretty much drop you into things without much explanation.

Lot's of destiny/curses/magic so far.

Cool seeing one of the guidance counselors from Misfits pop up in the show :gladbron:

C/S on toss a coin to your witcher being :ohlawd:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
The black sisters were fine :blessed:

But they couldnt live without their white master :mjcry:

Edit: they live :wow:

The witcher got that witch p*ssy and now he simping :francis::mjlol:

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I feel the time skips would've been received better if they just aged or deaged the cast who are normal humans like the Queen. She tells Ciri she won her first battle when she was her age then they jump to the Queen after winning her first battle and looks exactly the same despite supposedly being a teenager. Should've just hired a younger actress. The weird this is that they do this with the King who Yennefer meets as a boy

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I feel you. Thats what made game of thrones great to me at first. The eeriness of the north and the white walkers and you knowing all the political shyt is bullshyt compared to the real threat

Keep watching the witcher tho breh, most of the this first season is world building..the story doesnt fully come together until the last two episodes and we really going to be seeing the political side of it with king foltest and king radovid representing the northen kingdoms against the emperor of nilfgaard who they havent introduced yet

Fun fact. The emperor of nilfgaard is voiced by tywin lannister in the witcher 3. Most ppl are hoping charles dance does the role again but expect a big name actor to be the emperor next season, also whoever plays crazy ass king radovid. This season was more about the lore of witchers monsters and sorceress but expect next season to be about the current war that they are caught up in
They did introduce the emperor tho. If you played the games then you should have caught that . Don’t want to spoiler for people who don’t know tho .

Edit- I guess they technically didn’t introduce him, but they will probably use that same actor

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
As if it wasn’t terrible enough that he prefers Yennifer over Triss. :hhh:

Low key the main reason im having a hard time getting through w3 is because the game all but forces you to simp Yen. Fdb

I glad this show wasnt afraid to show Yen is a self destructive crazy controlling bih.