Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Son is missing out on the game voted best of the gen because he's listening to masochists who like to compare every game to Dark Souls trial and error till you get lucky gameplay...

If this don't look ill to you, you have shyt taste in video games IMO...

Yea its not complicated, it's not perfect, but its satisfying as fukk and that's the whole point of gaming...

Will never understand somebody who wants their entertainment to stress them out...

That was actually my favorite sword fighting gameplay. Swords actually feel sharp. Every other game including darks souls Feels like you are using a nerf bat that decides after 5 to 20 hits that the enemy is dead.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Son is missing out on the game voted best of the gen because he's listening to masochists who like to compare every game to Dark Souls trial and error till you get lucky gameplay...

:francis: Sekiro won TGA so we're probably gonna see more of that trash next gen. Most irritating part is the fans argue against difficulty options.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don't know why this show got such poor scores with the critics. I guess because things aren't explained clearly? I don't have any knowledge of The Witcher universe, and I've been able to piece things together so far through 4 episodes.

The CGI is kinda bad, but it's whatever. The acting on the show more than makes up for it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't know why this show got such poor scores with the critics. I guess because things aren't explained clearly? I don't have any knowledge of The Witcher universe, and I've been able to piece things together so far through 4 episodes.

The CGI is kinda bad, but it's whatever. The acting on the show more than makes up for it.

I just finished. 9/10 for me and I caught on quick with the timelines. My main issues were the cheap feel to some of the settings and CG.

Looking at their other joints, I know Netflix can do better with the cinematography. IMO, they need the folks who worked on The King or Marco Polo to make the Witcher world pop.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If this don't look ill to you, you have shyt taste in video games IMO...

Yea its not complicated, it's not perfect, but its satisfying as fukk and that's the whole point of gaming...

Will never understand somebody who wants their entertainment to stress them out...

Nah the combat is bad, not only because its button mashy/easy but also because it has shytty controls/camera.

And there are plenty of non-Souls games with dope combat - Spiderman, GoW, Horizon etc. TW3 just has terrible combat.:yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
EMD_PMJXsAI3iwA
EMVeHPRUwAAB9ZP
EMVeHPRU4AAgYjS
EMVeHPRU4AEA1py
EMOLoP8UYAEhvcV
EMQHkWsXYAAuwEu
EMQHkWtWkAEoWcs
EMQHkW1WoAM3Hqi

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah the combat is bad, not only because its button mashy/easy but also because it has shytty controls/camera.

And there are plenty of non-Souls games with dope combat - Spiderman, GoW, Horizon etc. TW3 just has terrible combat.:yeshrug:

What I saw from the times I tried was interesting but the gameplay never clicked with me. I bet it would have been a game of the ages for me if it played like Horizon. :mjcry:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Playing it on the hardest is not button mashy, you’ll get put down quick if you’re just swinging your arms about

taker597

Superstar
Daps

I love it, but I can understand. As a fan of the series... It's a 9/10.

Someone that come in expecting GOT level production will gett very disappointed. Yet, they could of handled certain aspects a bit more conservatively, better focus, and build up certain things. Starting the series out with a bombastic battle scene with zero attachment to characters was an understable, but poor move. First episode should of just been all Geralt, but a pilot nowadays have to be grandiose and exhilarating. It's probably pressure from Netflix to recut to add more excitement in the pilot, but it was so unearn and uneeded. Pilots are very important on Netflix and avoid being a one and done series. Netflix wants the series to be their GOT. So, i give them credit for giving a fukk. Yet, they need to play their hand like they got a full deck.

Like if people can have patience with GOT and be upset for not getting more. Witcher can definitely slow the pace down a bit and focus ob character development. You get character moments, but the show really lack deep development outside of simple childish idealism. At times it feels like things happen and if you don't know the source material. You miss a lot of nuisances and scope.

It's not my problem, but i can understand it.