Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The time-jumping was definitely a little confusing and I think they could have done a better job with that they really tied together in episode 7 so it didn't bother me that much.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, although I understand how the different timelines relate (4 episodes in) it just makes a lot of the story unnecessarily convoluted for no reason. It certainly doesn't help that you see certain characters die without knowing anything about them thus making you not care, only to learn how important they are to the overall story later on. Just very weird handling and it feels it would have been better if they chose to do a couple fully dedicated character eps rather than all the skipping between plots, even if that means having episodes not featuring Geralt in any capacity.

Regardless of that the show does get better when things start to click more and I'm interested to see what the second half offers.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is funny but I would love it if they made a Hearts of Stone story arc. One of the GOAT stories in gaming. :wow:

This, and Like Breh said, the Bloody Baron

Along with..

Potential goat episode material, they could make an 8 episode season on Just Blood & Wine Or Heart Of Stone

Watching now. Is the game as good is this? I always avoided it due to the complaints about the combat.

Breh :snoop:

The combat isn’t complex by any means but it isn’t bad, you’re literally missing out on one of, if not the GOAT video game for some nitpicking about the combat.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Toss a Coin to your Witcher is my jam. Geralt stays securing the bag:mjlit:

I finished this shyt in one sitting yesterday. I'm definitely a fan. I think playing the game definitely had me more in tune with certain aspects of the world they're building. I'm gonna have to check out the books though. For only 8 episodes, they packed a lot in, maybe a bit too much in certain aspects. Some character relationships seem to move way too fast, for example. The CGI wasn't anything to write home about, but it's the first season and I think they made great use of practical effects and amazing choreography.

To me that's the biggest weakness from the show. I finished ep. 6 earlier and that could've been a really powerful episode if we had more time to develop some relationships.

And this coming from us who are so used to timeline fukkery from Westworld...

I can only imagine how folk that aren't used to it feel...

Eh, I didn't mind it at all. It ain't that complicated once you realize Giralt and Yen's timelines are catching up to Ciri's.

The most glaring :patrice: was in ep.5 when Jaskier meets with Giralt again. It's acted as they just had seen each other the day before but the bard says "it's been what, years, a decade?" and I was :wtf:

Then again, I'm a Dark stan and that makes Westworld (stopped watching early in Season 2) time fukkery look like child's play :pachaha:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Yeah, although I understand how the different timelines relate (4 episodes in) it just makes a lot of the story unnecessarily convoluted for no reason. It certainly doesn't help that you see certain characters die without knowing anything about them thus making you not care, only to learn how important they are to the overall story later on. Just very weird handling and it feels it would have been better if they chose to do a couple fully dedicated character eps rather than all the skipping between plots, even if that means having episodes not featuring Geralt in any capacity.

Regardless of that the show does get better when things start to click more and I'm interested to see what the second half offers.
They clearly needed a bigger budget and more episodes...

The time jumping was pretty bad, rushed several things and left a major character out...

The way they depicted and left the Nilfgaardian situation is all fukked up IMO and they have a lot of work to do for next season to fix that...

The time period they're in during the siege of Cintra is known as the the first Nilfgaard-Nording War...The show made it seem like Cahir is commanding the Nilfgaardian army for the Usurper and that is wrong...The Usurper of Nilfgaard who was mentioned several times during the show was overthrown by a deposed exiled prince named Ehmyr Var Emreis several years before that...Emhyr had taken his thrown back and was the king of Nilfgaard during the war...He lead the siege on Cintra and appointed Cahir to find Cirilla and bring her to him...Furthermore, Fringila is not Cahir's mage as the show makes it seem, she is Emhyr's mage and reports directly to him...

Cahir and Fringila mention his nickname "white flame" once or twice but you would have no clue that is in reference to Emhyr unless you read the books or played the games...

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Breh :snoop:

The combat isn’t complex by any means but it isn’t bad, you’re literally missing out on one of, if not the GOAT video game for some nitpicking about the combat.
Son is missing out on the game voted best of the gen because he's listening to masochists who like to compare every game to Dark Souls trial and error till you get lucky gameplay...

If this don't look ill to you, you have shyt taste in video games IMO...

Yea its not complicated, it's not perfect, but its satisfying as fukk and that's the whole point of gaming...

Will never understand somebody who wants their entertainment to stress them out...