Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm doing an extra shift today and a regular shift tomorrow I'm not off til Monday...:sadcam: couldn't even finish episode 1 but that monster fight was the shyt...:banderas:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I was thinking this last night. Ive hated Cavill in every movie he's been in so i expected him to be this show's weak link. I love absolutely everything about this show so far. I even like dandelion.

Cavill is a Witcher geek, you can tell he genuinely cares and loves playing Geralt

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I need an explanation of these timelines.

Please and thanks.
Yennefer's is the oldest. I believe the beginning of her story takes place 30 years before Geralt's. Geralt's story is next. I'm assuming something like 10 years before Ciri's since he's there before she's born. Ciri's is the most current. Or if you view it as the Witcher's POV being most important, then Ciri's story takes place in the future. They eventually all converge anyway.

Edit:
Rewatching the first episode, and Geralt's story begins way earlier than I thought. Ciri says her grandmother (Queen Calanthe) won her first battle at Hochebuz when she was Ciri's age. The next scene, Renfri is talking to Geralt and says Queen Calanthe just won her first battle at Hochebuz. Pretty easy to miss when you don't realize there's different timelines and none of the names of these places mean anything to you.

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yennefer's is the oldest. I believe the beginning of her story takes place 30 years before Geralt's. Geralt's story is next. I'm assuming something like 10 years before Ciri's since he's there before she's born. Ciri's is the most current. Or if you view it as the Witcher's POV being most important, then Ciri's story takes place in the future. They eventually all converge anyway.
Thanks zaddy.

Repping you now.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I thought this was based on the books? Damn near everything going on was the prequel to Witcher 3 and Cirillas story.

I'M fukkIN IN :wow:

I'm not really into fantasy ass King Arthur type shyt, but Witcher 3 was the GOAT. I'm gonna watch strictly based off that.

1st ep was dope as fukk

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Just finished it. I loved it. Ill give it a solid 8.5/10. The cgi wasnt terrible by any means, i thought most of the monsters looked great and also how they choreographed geralt fighting them it felt real. The only cheesy moment for me was the narrating golden dragon in episode 6 or 7 but that couldve been a story from the books i have to look it up

The timeline jumps did confuse me as well they couldve done a better job explaining that, but once you wrap your head around it , it makes sense. You have to remember before the first novel was written the author was writing a bunch of short stories that involved geralt as a witcher, from my understanding this first season covers those adventures geralt had while also covering the story from the first novel

I also think they shouldve showed us a good look at the map and where exactly all the players in the story are. Game of thrones had that excellent intro that reminded you where everyone was at, you can even tell where characters was at just by the setting of the scene. This show had great visuals of all the different castles and towns, but they never visually title what your looking at you have to catch it in the dialogue

All in all i think it was a great first season, season 2 starts production in January. An 8-10 episode tv show shouldnt take more than 3-5 months of shooting so i think we should expect season 2 this same time next year

Last edited: