Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
White men are trying to attract more black women. It's way over our heads financially. The media is methododically peeling away all sexual taboos as part of their demonic visions down the road.

black women are known to watch a lot of television so it's clear the demographic they're trying to attract his them

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So umm I thought I could watch this and not review the lore I assumed they would set up more of the background...I’m going to need to rewatch the 2nd episode.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just finished, I hate how they ended it but knew it was coming for a while. Now we gotta wait 2 years for season 2 :unimpressed:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
My doggie dandelion wit them hits:dj2:

Toss a Coin to your Witcher is my jam. Geralt stays securing the bag:mjlit:

I finished this shyt in one sitting yesterday. I'm definitely a fan. I think playing the game definitely had me more in tune with certain aspects of the world they're building. I'm gonna have to check out the books though. For only 8 episodes, they packed a lot in, maybe a bit too much in certain aspects. Some character relationships seem to move way too fast, for example. The CGI wasn't anything to write home about, but it's the first season and I think they made great use of practical effects and amazing choreography. None of the performances really standout, but I think Cavill's go to acting demeanor works perfectly as Geralt. "Hm" and "fukk" are his catchphrases:skip:There's just the right amount of subtle humor, which is good because this would have fallen flat on its face if it took itself too seriously.

I didn't realize until like the third episode that there were three different timelines being shown, so I might have to rewatch to see if I missed anything:patrice:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think its mostly due to budget constraints...

Hopefully Netflix opens up that wallet more for season 2 to at least match Vikings (History channel) large scale battles...

Possibly. But this is something that’s noticeably around the board for Netflix productions, at least for me. And large scale battles was just the easiest example but the lack of polish when compared to its peers it’s across the board even in terms of locales, costumes, music, and overall presentation (palettes, angles/shots).
It’s all just missing that premium feel. There’s no scene or dialog I find memorable, it’s all sufficient or pedestrian.

Like I said before, I’m enjoying the series, I’m on episode 7. I think critics were way too harsh on the show. It’s a decent watch, but can’t help but feel it could be elevated higher.

Netflix needs to crack the recipe and I’m not entirely sure it’s all down to budget.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

I finished this shyt in one sitting yesterday. I'm definitely a fan. I think playing the game definitely had me more in tune with certain aspects of the world they're building. I'm gonna have to check out the books though. For only 8 episodes, they packed a lot in, maybe a bit too much in certain aspects. Some character relationships seem to move way too fast, for example. The CGI wasn't anything to write home about, but it's the first season and I think they made great use of practical effects and amazing choreography. None of the performances really standout, but I think Cavill's go to acting demeanor works perfectly as Geralt. "Hm" and "fukk" are his catchphrases:skip:There's just the right amount of subtle humor, which is good because this would have fallen flat on its face if it took itself too seriously.

I didn't realize until like the third episode that there were three different timelines being shown, so I might have to rewatch to see if I missed anything:patrice:
And this coming from us who are so used to timeline fukkery from Westworld...

I can only imagine how folk that aren't used to it feel...

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene

:blessed:
:banderas:
I agree breh the shows piff feels like playing a prequel expansion for Witcher 3

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Cavill killed it in the role but they need a bigger budget for season 2. The show was ok but it has potential to be better if they fix various things.

bigger budgets will come

You watch Last Kingdom? First two seasons in the mud but that budget increase in Season 3 was :leon: