Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
giphy.gif

My point is try the show without letting them reviews (agenda or not) influence you. All that matters is if the show reaches your standards.

I’m not a weak minded sissy paltry poster.:ehh:

Not only did I not read that or any review...... I’ve watched 3 eps already :sas2:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
This some bad CGI bruh, GOT really spoiled us.:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Seen 4 episodes now and this is pretty good. Pacing is kind of crazy with the time skips. Geralt's story starts about 20 years before Ciri is on the run. The didn't even make Calanthe's hair grey to clue you in that this shyt was much later.

A lot of the issues are easily fixed which is why I'm looking forward to the next season. Hopefully the Nilfgaardian soldiers can get something better than that nutsack armor.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Watched the first five so far and I'm feeling it. I was dubious about the Yenn casting but she's owning the part. Story deviates a little bit from the books if I'm remembering right but the spirit of the story is there.

Action scenes are great and they kept the violence level of the games; Dandelion is hilarious (perfect casting); Cavill nails the role of Geralt. I'd say Triss is the only one I'm still ehhh on as far as casting.

Bottom line is if you liked the books or games, you'll enjoy this.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Watched the first two eps and it's alright. The supporting cast is pretty poor, and quite a lot happens but it is hard to tell what's significant and what's not. I'm not sure they took the best approach to open the story here, but I'll see where it goes before judging it too hard.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First episode was alright. Geralt and Renfri were well cast.

BTW did Renfri do all that prediction shyt about Ciri, Geralt and the woods in the books? I don't remember it at all.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This some bad CGI bruh, GOT really spoiled us.:wow:
These GOT comparisons are truly...:what:

The first time we seen the dragons the CGI was straight booty juice as was every battle before season 4...

It's biggest battle in the early seasons (Battle of Blackwater Bay) amounted to 30 minutes of Cersei crying, an explosion at sea and a 20 man skirmish on a beach...

The dragons and battles only got good after that when HBO realized they had a winner and had to open up the wallet...

The same thing will happen here with this show, the budget constraints are just more apparent here because the show is more dependent on CGI...

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
After finishing the season this was really solid...:ehh:
We all knew they absolutely had to get Geralt right if this show were to stand a chance and Cavill knocked it out of the park...:salute:

Yennefer was also surprisingly well portrayed...those titty meats :noah:

For non fans books or games I can see this being a very difficult watch because of the pacing...It even took me like 5 episodes to figure out where the fukk we are...They really needed some subtle visual queues for the time jumps like Westworld or at the very least age the fukking Lioness Queen...

The final episode for me was a let down, that was a small scale skirmish, not a big keep siege as depicted in the book...At least they didn't use a whole season to hype an explosion and a 20 man skirmish though like some other shows did...

The rest of the flaws are nitpicky and most can be a addressed with a bigger budget...

Bottomline is they got more right than wrong this season but if Netflix wants this to be their GOT, they need to open up the wallet because weak CGI and small scale depictions of battles is not going to cut it...They get a pass for season 1 but going forward they won't...

7.5/10