Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mine came in 2 weeks ago and I've been in love. Went from watching shyt on a monitor to 65" so you already know. Grateful seeing them Dolby V/4K options. :mjcry:
Just Moved into a bigger house and the old 40” ain’t cutting it, Iv been purposely holding off on some dope shyt till it came, getting it up on the wall and watching The Witcher & The Mandalorian over the Christmas holiday is gonna be glorious :whew:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Watched the first episode and it was decent. Fight scene at the end was dope but some things feel really low budget. The writing isn't all that either.

They should have given them they same access to bread as Marco Polo.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
As someone who never played the games nor read any book about it....this show is fukking dope :obama: :blessed:

I like that they just throw you in this universe and explain just the very basic and minimum. Leaves you with enough questions for you to explore on your own or wait to be told in the coming episodes.

Was able to watch the first 4 and can say that I'm all in. To the point I bought Witcher III (16 bucks :ehh:) to play it on PS4 as soon as I finish the season.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One ep in I’m really liking it. Read the books, huge Witcher 3 fan...Cavill is dope, Geralt put in work at the end of the first ep. overall I’d say it’s def off to a good start. I honestly liked the first episode of this more then the mandolorian. Feel like that show is slightly over hyped.

On ep 2 now, I literally laughed out loud at the first shot of Yen tho. I know some of you Coli goons would still have laid pipe while she looked like that smh

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
For the fantasy medium, I dislike race swaps of this nature too, but its not because of source material accuracy or the sort of complaints I see the anti-sjw crowd make. I dislike them because it misses out on the opportunity of creating and exploring a fantasized black people with their own culture/identity that takes inspiration from real world black/african cultures.

For instance, because Asians, Arabs, and Europeans are depicted in most fantasy to be analogs of their real world cultural counterparts, they end up getting cool stylized takes on their historical real world warrior classes like "fantasized" knights, barbarians, vikings, romans, samurai, arabian knights, ninja, and shinobi. That's the type of representation I like to see black people receive rather than just purely being European knights with a European aesthetics/culture. Its just so boring to bring in non-whites and have them ropleplay as medieval brits rather than giving them their own culture and then show how all those different cultures interact with each other.

A good example of this occurring in diverse fantasy universes with multiple races is something like Redguards from the Elder scrolls series, they are a black race that is a fantasy analogue of the West African Mali kingdom/Moors. Or, even the summer islanders from the Game of Thrones universe. Though they didn't get much attention in the show, they are a black people that act as analogs to various African and afro Caribbean cultures. You see, that's interesting.
The bold is exactly what I been trying to get across to these easily triggered clowns in this thread...

As a self-respecting black man, I simply don't understand how you can settle for token race swaps...

And this one is really appalling IMO when you get to episode three...

Not only is she the token in the class and first to fukk up (nearly loses her hand) you know like all of us black folk do in movies/TV shows, she also clearly gets:mjpls: by a white king...

Anyways, I'm tired of beating this dead horse, I'm four episodes in and the show so far is...

giphy.gif

Only two things that really stand out are Cavill and the sword play choreography which are superb...

I am also really feeling the broad playing Yennefer a lot more than I thought I would...:ehh:

That said this show has a strong low budget feel to it, the CGI is very weak especially in that opening scene and the story pacing is kind of all over the place...Ciri seems ok but her grandmother is absolutely insufferable and ruins all her scenes with the over the top acting...Her sword swing is so weak and non-believable, she comes off as a comical try hard instead of the strong Queen she's supposed to be...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
They should have given them they same access to bread as Marco Polo.

Yeah, I'm on episode 5 and this is my only problem with the show right now. I knew the production speed was going to fukk with it somehow. Some of the setting/scenes have a drab and cheap look. :francis:

Marco Polo, The Last Kingdom S3, Altered Carbon, Kingdom and The King all looked amazing in that area. They gotta fix that next season.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
As someone who never played the games nor read any book about it....this show is fukking dope :obama: :blessed:

I like that they just throw you in this universe and explain just the very basic and minimum. Leaves you with enough questions for you to explore on your own or wait to be told in the coming episodes.

Was able to watch the first 4 and can say that I'm all in. To the point I bought Witcher III (16 bucks :ehh:) to play it on PS4 as soon as I finish the season.

Breh...i guarantee you by the time season 2 of the witcher comes out, you wont be done with that game. And if you love the show you will absolutely love the games

Ive been saying it for years but witcher 3 is the one of the greatest games ever made, icing on the cake would be playing it on 4k resolution..its fukking beautiful