Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm enjoying the show, but there's something about Netflix productions that feel quite "claustrophobic" or rather not as "grand" as say HBO stuff. The polish level just isn't quite there yet.

Take for example, that battle on the hill in the first episode, despite the attempt at wide shots it still felt like a "skirmish" rather than an epic fight between opposing armies.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm enjoying the show, but there's something about Netflix productions that feel quite "claustrophobic" or rather not as "grand" as say HBO stuff. The polish level just isn't quite there yet.

Take for example, that battle on the hill in the first episode, despite the attempt at wide shots it still felt like a "skirmish" rather than an epic fight between opposing armies.
Glad I'm not the only one.

Gonna let it marinate though and see if that aspect changes in future seasons.

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

Think its mostly due to budget constraints...

Hopefully Netflix opens up that wallet more for season 2 to at least match Vikings (History channel) large scale battles...

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Im on episode 6

the gold dragon cgi wasnt too bad but i thought the voice over was cheesy as hell. Besides that ive loved the cgi for every monster

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm not talking about this thread, just the coverage of this show in the media in general. The two are really different, even in terms of the type/level of fantasy they're portraying. Swords and titties are the only real things they have in common. That's enough for me, doe:mjlit:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I really hope with the new game deal that'll play nice, because the books while good. There are not great. Game gives a lot more creative options and some great choices for antagonist.

I always felt the S1 should of been In Medias Res further in the series and a flashback approach. S1 so far is very pedestrian and by the numbers.

Show probably paid a lot for Henry and it really shows.