Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
I don't give a fukk about Dwarves and Elves bruh...

This is what I was referring to...

fringilla.jpg

They turned the first cousin of a white princess from a place called "Toussaint" black just to say, hey look black people, we got black people in this show to...:martin:

If you want to include black folk, CREATE black characters...Why is that such a hard thing to do?

Instead we get this SJW token appeasement shyt...:camby:

For the fantasy medium, I dislike race swaps of this nature too, but its not because of source material accuracy or the sort of complaints I see the anti-sjw crowd make. I dislike them because it misses out on the opportunity of creating and exploring a fantasized black people with their own culture/identity that takes inspiration from real world black/african cultures.

For instance, because Asians, Arabs, and Europeans are depicted in most fantasy to be analogs of their real world cultural counterparts, they end up getting cool stylized takes on their historical real world warrior classes like "fantasized" knights, barbarians, vikings, romans, samurai, arabian knights, ninja, and shinobi. That's the type of representation I like to see black people receive rather than just purely being European knights with a European aesthetics/culture. Its just so boring to bring in non-whites and have them ropleplay as medieval brits rather than giving them their own culture and then show how all those different cultures interact with each other.

A good example of this occurring in diverse fantasy universes with multiple races is something like Redguards from the Elder scrolls series, they are a black race that is a fantasy analogue of the West African Mali kingdom/Moors. Or, even the summer islanders from the Game of Thrones universe. Though they didn't get much attention in the show, they are a black people that act as analogs to various African and afro Caribbean cultures. You see, that's interesting.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game of Thrones did the same for people who hadn't read the books
exactly the same thing, I binged when the first 4 seasons were out so there was no time to take it all in slowly, so it took the whole first season for me to understand who was who/what and why and where

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
The two people who reviewed it clearly have no understanding of the Show or even the Genre in general, they spend the whole review blaming the show because they can’t follow it even tho they admit they’re not giving it their full attention and skipping whole episodes (they criticise the show for not even bothering to give lthe bard” a name even though every other review has mentioned Jaskia/dandelion is mentioned by name) and also bytch about there being too much nudity.

kind of fukked up that such an unprofessional review is going against their overall score on Metacritic, which tbf atm isn’t exactly stellar but still..
this is a perfect example of why you don't listen to reviewers.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
New trailer dope to me but that's because it was mostly Cavil who I have no issue with...

It's the rest of the SJW cast that is the issue...

I seriously hope this shyt is good though...

:stopitslime:

What they did is equivalent to turning Egyptians white...

If you're cool with this, then you must be cool with that shyt to...

I don't give a fukk about Dwarves and Elves bruh...

This is what I was referring to...

fringilla.jpg

They turned the first cousin of a white princess from a place called "Toussaint" black just to say, hey look black people, we got black people in this show to...:martin:

If you want to include black folk, CREATE black characters...Why is that such a hard thing to do?

Instead we get this SJW token appeasement shyt...:camby:

Black man...racist cac/4ch@n/Reddit ideology doesn't suit us.