Official The Oscars Thread 2022

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After a couple days, I'm shocked the harder they fall didn't come up here.

And is Chastain a top 5 actress right now? Resume looks that way.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Possibly, but like I said before. I am expecting Garfield to win.
You must be a member of the academy lol
It's no possibly they have been the frontrunners for the last couple of months
Andrew Garfield was great in tick tick boom, but the movie was ehhhh.
That's why I don't think he wins this year

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best Picture
“Belfast”
“CODA”
“Don’t Look Up”
“Drive My Car”
“Dune”
“King Richard”
“Licorice Pizza”
“Nightmare Alley”
“The Power of the Dog”
“West Side Story”

Only saw Dune which was :russell:

Gonna check out Summer of Soul. Not really interested in most of these but I'll probably check a few if they're not pretentious Oscar bait.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ya’ll Garfield fans need to put your hopes to rest. He ain’t winning that shyt lol. Dude couldn’t even get nominated on his own home turf at the BAFTA’s and Tick Tick Boom failed to get a Best Picture nom.

The front runners are Will Smith followed closely by Cumberbatch. Hopefully Will takes it. King Richard was incredible

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya’ll Garfield fans need to put your hopes to rest. He ain’t winning that shyt lol. Dude couldn’t even get nominated on his own home turf at the BAFTA’s and Tick Tick Boom failed to get a Best Picture nom.

The front runners are Will Smith followed closely by Cumberbatch. Hopefully Will takes it. King Richard was incredible
I thought King Richard had some flaws especially towards the end of the movie, but Will was incredible and will win the Oscar

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I can agree that Nightmare Alley isn't a non-stop feast for the eyes like a lot of Del Toro's other stuff has been but it was a good looking film.
That being said I'd say that Nightmare Alley shouldn't be the movie getting attacked for being nominated for Best Cinematography when West Side Story is right there waiting to be attacked.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If there’s anyone you simply don’t count down when they’re accepting an award, it’s Will Smith. His name is a synecdoche for movie stardom, and few Hollywood leading men so fully epitomise the archetype. He exudes natural magnetism but imbues his quieter roles with welcome verisimilitude. His 32 movies have been responsible for over $4 billion dollars at the box office, and many have been critically acclaimed. So when he accepted a belated statuette for Best Actor at the Screen Actors Guild Awards last night, one of the major precursors to the Oscars, and spoke for just over three minutes, you’d best believe that no one was pushing him to wrap up.
His latest movie, King Richard, hits all of the right notes for buzzy Oscar fare. It’s a by-the-books, crowd-pleasing biopic, capturing the early story of Venus and Serena Williams, centring on the critical importance of their titular father, the determined-to-a-fault Richard Williams. At the same time, the script doesn’t duck away from the complicated racial dynamics of their story, shining a spotlight on the discrimination the sisters — and their hyper-audacious dad — faced at every turn, turned away by a slew of white managers despite their manifest talent and potential. Pair that with Smith’s lifetime of achievements that have yet to be formally recognised by the Academy and thirty years of service to an industry he has made billions of dollars, and it’s clear: his time is now.

Finally, Will Smith is going to win the Oscar he deserves

@MartyMcFly time to concede defeat my brother:lolbron:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Del Toro films have a certain prestige that's why I think it got in cinematography
I'm going to check out Nightmare Alley since it's streaming on hulu
It’s good but way too long. Not something I’d watch again like shape of water or pans labyrinth.