Official The Oscars Thread 2022

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
People forget this is an industry award. It's not about who made the best film, it's about whom the academy feels should win.

It's between PT Anderson and Kenneth Branagh. Both have been nominated for best picture but neither have ever won so they are 'due' to win. It's probably going to go to Branagh because he's older than Anderson.

But who knows, the academy has been getting a lot of heat because of their racism so best picture may end up going to King Richard.

Power Of The Dog has Best Picture and Best Director pretty much sowed up. Probably Adapted Screenplay as well.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
So apparently a Black man, William Packer, will be producing this year's awards. He's promised to make it very entertaining for movie buffs and nonmovie buffs alike with a live "We Don't Talk About Bruno" performance with a special surprise, a Beyonce performance, and a Billy Eillish performance. He also said there will be a few other change-ups to keep things interesting. :ehh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So apparently a Black man, William Packer, will be producing this year's awards. He's promised to make it very entertaining for movie buffs and nonmovie buffs alike with a live "We Don't Talk About Bruno" performance with a special surprise, a Beyonce performance, and a Billy Eillish performance. He also said there will be a few other change-ups to keep things interesting. :ehh:

Having 5 musical performances is so trash

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Beyoncé??
Just when I was gonna watch. Maybe I’ll just skip it when she comes in.
Gonna be front and center for Billie Eilish though huh :mjpls:

MeekCloseBlackfootedferret-max-1mb.gif

I aint mad at you :shaq:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
2022-02-28t052750z-377702176-rc2rss9q10j7-rtrmadp-3-awards-sag.jpg

Just give it up, Will killed that joint too. He's gotten critical acclaim before but nothing like this. "King Richard" is winning everything for Best Actor right now. He's won every major Best Actor award. Even took the Bafta overseas. But we've seen how the Academy has done our Brothers and Sisters in the past so don't hold your breath. With that said, Will ran a great campaign. A movie about the positives of Black Fatherhood is much needed. He released his Best Seller Book about his life. Had several interviews. His Earth TV Show. And a lot of good press for once. He lost his first one to Denzel then for Forrest. Will 3 times be the charm for Will?

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I've been looking for Drive My Car everywhere
Not playing at any of the art house theaters. Not even a link on the pirate sites

I wasn't even going to see this, but the fact that you're looking for it has piqued my interest. It's playing at the theatre near me but there's never anyone in the seats on the show.

Having 5 musical performances is so trash

I think it's smart, and Beyonce has been known to act, at least she's a paying SAG member.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't even going to see this, but the fact that you're looking for it has piqued my interest. It's playing at the theatre near me but there's never anyone in the seats on the show.

I think it's smart, and Beyonce has been known to act, at least she's a paying SAG member.
I'm watching it right now. I'll give my review after I'm done.
I was interested in watching this before the Oscar buzz

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched Drive My Car

The most frustrating, interesting, and weirdest movie about grief I've ever watched

Still don’t know what to think about this movie.

It's a slow burn. It makes Power of the Dog look like a Michael Bay movie

It's full of metaphors and visual storytelling

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I just watched Drive My Car

The most frustrating, interesting, and weirdest movie about grief I've ever watched

Still don’t know what to think about this movie.

It's a slow burn. It makes Power of the Dog look like a Michael Bay movie

It's full of metaphors and visual storytelling

How does this compare to Manchester by the Sea?