Official The Oscars Thread 2022

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Saw all of the nominated animated and live shorts yesterday. Most of them were dark AF. I can't believe they nominated a short that included bestiality:merchant: and a midget getting violently fukked :why:

They were all really good and interesting but I'm just shocked the Academy had the balls to nominate some of them.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Coli leaning heavily toward Will to win

:patrice:

Garfield or Cumberbatch winning that shyt. This site is absolutely cursed prediction wise :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Will Smith Wins Best Leading Actor at 2022 BAFTA Awards for Role in King Richard

Will Smith Calls Venus and Serena Williams 'the American Dream' as He Wins at Critics Choice Awards

Will won Critics Choice AND BAFTA tonight. His Oscar is 100% SECURED. I don’t even know why Andrew Garfield would bother to show up and Will just stomped Cumberbatch in his OWN backyard.

The “race” if you ever wanted to call it that is over for Best Actor. Happy for Will. The man literally swept every major award ceremony this season

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith Wins Best Leading Actor at 2022 BAFTA Awards for Role in King Richard

Will Smith Calls Venus and Serena Williams 'the American Dream' as He Wins at Critics Choice Awards

Will won Critics Choice AND BAFTA tonight. His Oscar is 100% SECURED. I don’t even know why Andrew Garfield would bother to show up and Will just stomped Cumberbatch in his OWN backyard.

The “race” if you ever wanted to call it that is over for Best Actor. Happy for Will. The man literally swept every major award ceremony this season
Yup it's a wrap

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Will was always going to win, and he legitimately deserves it. In my opinion, he clearly had the best performance of those nominated. I’d say Benedict Cumberbatch was second, and Denzel third. I have no idea how some of y’all were thinking Andrew Garfield was/is going to win. He was actually better in The Eyes of Tammy Faye than T.T.B. He will get one soon, though.

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
I really haven’t seen any of these films and have only heard about 1. I used to go to film festivals, search for and upload screeners, hit the cinemas at least once a week and watch hella films at home.

I haven’t been in over 4 years.:mjcry:

I used to be think I’d end up working in film somehow that’s how much I loved the shyt.:mjcry:

Still got all that crammed film trivia IQ.:mjcry:

I went and got so damn busy.:mjcry:

I’m 27.:mjcry:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
People forget this is an industry award. It's not about who made the best film, it's about whom the academy feels should win.

It's between PT Anderson and Kenneth Branagh. Both have been nominated for best picture but neither have ever won so they are 'due' to win. It's probably going to go to Branagh because he's older than Anderson.

But who knows, the academy has been getting a lot of heat because of their racism so best picture may end up going to King Richard.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget this is an industry award. It's not about who made the best film, it's about whom the academy feels should win.

It's between PT Anderson and Kenneth Branagh. Both have been nominated for best picture but neither have ever won so they are 'due' to win. It's probably going to go to Branagh because he's older than Anderson.

But who knows, the academy has been getting a lot of heat because of their racism so best picture may end up going to King Richard.
Power of the Dog and Jane Campion pretty much have best picture and director in the bag.
Branagh has a shot, but I don't see it happening.
PT Anderson could the screenplay award, but it's not his year for director.
The academy tends to shy away from the aueter type of directors unless it undeniable favorite

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really haven’t seen any of these films and have only heard about 1. I used to go to film festivals, search for and upload screeners, hit the cinemas at least once a week and watch hella films at home.

I haven’t been in over 4 years.:mjcry:

I used to be think I’d end up working in film somehow that’s how much I loved the shyt.:mjcry:

Still got all that crammed film trivia IQ.:mjcry:

I went and got so damn busy.:mjcry:

I’m 27.:mjcry:
Same here. I used to be that movie nerd who would find obscure foreign films, I would go a movie every weekend. Google random movie trivia. I thought I was really going to do something in the film industry, but life had other plans for me. :russ:

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
Same here. I used to be that movie nerd who would find obscure foreign films, I would go a movie every weekend. Google random movie trivia. I thought I was really going to do something in the film industry, but life had other plans for me. :russ:
For real bro I read hella books on film too lol. It felt so right at the time, then it just dropped off. Wild how that can happen.

Might have to get back into a bit.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real bro I read hella books on film too lol. It felt so right at the time, then it just dropped off. Wild how that can happen.

Might have to get back into a bit.
I been dibbling and dabbling ideas how to get back in the game