Official The Oscars Thread 2022

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
red-rocket-sean-baker.gif
Red Rocket is a good movie with a surprising performance from Simon Rex.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Seeing this power of the dog movie get nominated goes to show that one of americas favorite movies will always be a movie about fukked up white people doing fukked up things to other people and each other.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Seeing this power of the dog movie get nominated goes to show that one of americas favorite movies will always be a movie about fukked up white people doing fukked up things to other people and each other.
You sound like you haven't seen the movie

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Denis is the Spielberg in the 80s or Nolan as far as the academy is concerned.
They respect his movies, but they don't have "passion" for his work.

The Power of Dog might be the least Academy award friendly movie to win since Parasite. The movie is dark and subtle. The characters are cold and unlikable. The morally ambiguous ending is head scratching.

Summer of Soul would be the best win of the night.

This year's best pic nominations is a major upgrade over last year's

I can't wait to see Drive My Car, and see if it lives up to the hype

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol you can say that about the majority of superhero or action movies

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sound like you haven't seen the movie
I'm not surprised people are not feeling TPOD. It's a slow burn. I loved the movie and had to watch it twice to process everything in the film.
If you watch the movie as a revenge thriller it makes a lot more sense

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did anyone watch being the Ricardo's? I feel like it's one of those movies everyone is pretending to like and didn't watch

And damn House of Gucci ain't get a fukkin thing :francis:
I turned off Meet the Ricardos halfway. It felt like one of those bio pictures HBO made in the early 00s with better dialogue and acting.
The movie didn't know if wanted to be a domestic drama or social commentary

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Does the best album always win the Grammy

Whoa whoa... hold on now. The reason why The Oscars are still The Oscars is because the academy treats the awards legitimately and you at least have sound people voting on sound categories or visual effects people voting on best effects or writers voting on that..

The Grammys sold out a long time ago. They are now a popularity contest. They want Taylor Swift or whoever to show up. The Academy doesn't have to worry about Tom Cruise or Denzel being there... they are gonna obviously be there.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoa whoa... hold on now. The reason why The Oscars are still The Oscars is because the academy treats the awards legitimately and you at least have sound people voting on sound categories or visual effects people voting on best effects or writers voting on that..

The Grammys sold out a long time ago. They are now a popularity contest. They want Taylor Swift or whoever to show up. The Academy doesn't have to worry about Tom Cruise or Denzel being there... they are gonna obviously be there.
Don't get me wrong the Oscars are way more legit than the Grammys, but the person I quoted thought Denzel should win on merit. However these awards are based on popularity, favouritism, and how you campaign. Yes the performance matters but there are other factors at play.