Official The New Edition Story Thread

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I wouldn't consider myself a "fukking hypocrite" or a "bandwagon jumper" I do know however what I like.

I do have issue with a white corporation owning a network called b.e.t.

I see tvone and aspire and to a lesser extent revolt & I see how, altho there are touches of c00ning, the possibilities of so called "black entertainment" can be.

my favorite shows on b.e.t. were video soul, carribean rhythms, and rap city. when Robert Johnson owned it, it was truly black. and there where shows that exemplified black excellence. When he sold it, it became some bullshyt, award shows and all.

reality shows, high rated or not, mean nothing to me. Neither does a music award show with rigged winners & participation.

I suggest before you use the term "y'all" you think before you type..because you just might assume incorrectly.

I don't about all that, I don't watch the channel anymore to be honest but when I do its usually related to something to that is black/positive. When I say hypocrite I am referring to saying shows like Rap City were "truly black" when they show stereotypical videos everyday. But now they don't show videos and do nothing but promote black excellence daily, with no shuckng and jiving at all..........that's what I mean. Even if owned by Viacom, its still ran by a black woman. Black people just confuse me........like what do we want in this country.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I dont have the network however when I did have it I didn't watch it.

I dont know how old you are, but EVERY show that was on B.E.T. when Robert Johnson owned it were "truly black" in terms of its awareness & there were several positive shows and always positivity thru out all the shows.

rap music has its share of shucking n jiving so you can't blame rap city for that.

Soooooooo Hits and Citas World were positive? :hhh:. I used to watch the channel breh. I have no issues with either era........but clearly there are some hypocritical aspects in your argument sir. Because they have way more positive aspects of black entertainment on the channel today then they had 10 years ago. They had shows like Teen Summit which were cool....but outside of that it was videos damn near 24 hours a day all day.......and Tigga represented Hiphop, but that wasn't necessarily positive per say.

Seems your distaste comes from it being owned by Viacom and not necessarily the programming they actually have today.

VH1 does way more to throw the black race under the bus.....but black people don't really seem to have issues with that.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I remember when I was in high school and my best friend's sister and her friends came back from a concert of theirs with pics of them with Ronnie, Ricky and Mike. Talking about the after party and dancing. All I saw in the background of those pics was bottles of VSOP, Trojans and beds with Ricky Bell giving a deviant smirk in the back. Only kind of dancing going on that night was horizontal.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't bad. BET is trying to make amends for a decade of c00nfoolery. :yeshrug:

I liked how it didn't feel it was some glossed over revisionist history and the fact the elephant in the room was addressed (only 2 of these nikkas could really sing). :mjlol:

Well actually 3 of the them can sing. :yeshrug:

Ricky Bell is the best singer out of the original 5 members.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
again I dont have viacom channels, and when I did I didn't watch any of them. The only issue with what I'm saying is I'm not providing the actual dates I watched the channel. and those shows you mentioned I have never seen so obviously I watched before then.

and incidentally, this isn't an argument. I am stating my opinion. it seems some of "y'all " on here want to actually debate people's opinions. Mine cannot be debated. I think what I think & voice that opinion..so chill.

Those shows came on late 90's/early 2000's though.......:gucci:

Everybody is :pacspit: when they talking, but when asked to explain its always :hubie:........no worries though, just wanted to get a better understanding of this whole :scust: "EBT" culture, while at the same time never missing an episode of Love and Hiphop :what:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that little boy kin to Bobby Brown?

Spitting fukking image

He look just like Bobby. The other nikka could play Kel Mitchell in the Kenan & Kel biopic. :mjlol:

C0eTJNVVQAAislk.jpg