Official The New Edition Story Thread

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Boyz II Men didn't cross over. They were(are) a black R&B group singing R&B music. Their videos were full of beautiful black women. They were some dudes from Philly. White people crossed over to them. People around the world crossed over to them. Their style of R&B remained popular throughout the 90s with other groups as well. Yes, the more hip-hop type R&B gained popularity, but the idea that non-hip-hop type R&B lost steam at that point is false.

That's true in a sense. But Boyz II Men had a much softer image but you right, they were rooted in R&B whereas Jodeci had a Hip Hop influence in their music, more so the Diary of a Mad Band album and The Show Afterparty, The Hotel.

When I said Boyz 2 Men crossed over, I didn't mean it like they themselves literally crossed over, I meant that in comparison to Jodeci they crossed over in the way that Jodeci didn't. Ya feel me?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@stomachlines Was Boyz II Men bigger than Jodeci?

Depends on how you look at it. Boyz 2 Men crossed over. White people was eating their shyt up too. Jodeci was unapologetically Black. Nothing Pop about them.

Boyz II Men didn't cross over. They were(are) a black R&B group singing R&B music. Their videos were full of beautiful black women. They were some dudes from Philly. White people crossed over to them. People around the world crossed over to them. Their style of R&B remained popular throughout the 90s with other groups as well. Yes, the more hip-hop type R&B gained popularity, but the idea that non-hip-hop type R&B lost steam at that point is false.

That's true in a sense. But Boyz II Men had a much softer image but you right, they were rooted in R&B whereas Jodeci had a Hip Hop influence in their music, more so the Diary of a Mad Band album and The Show Afterparty, The Hotel.

When I said Boyz 2 Men crossed over, I didn't mean it like they themselves literally crossed over, I meant that in comparison to Jodeci they crossed over in the way that Jodeci didn't. Ya feel me?
:ehh:Yeah, @stomachlines means Boyz II Men crossed over on the Charts & Commercial success-wise.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

Edit:

:ehh:

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ronnie Devoe was the realest nikka of the camp. He wasn't with Bobby Brown and that ego diva shyt and was gonna whoop his ass on stage. :salute:

They stretched the truth Ronnie was in a headlock getting punched in the face by B. Brown and they also stretched the truth about the fight in the limo, bob washed mike something vicious and Mike tried to stab that young b breezy

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps

As some of you may know, Woody McClain (Bobby Brown) is an internet personality who does these skits where he's reenacting famous comedy bits.

Only reason I'm linking this is because the genius casting of his son in this particular video :wow:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
xcWisQ298S9ry.gif

:russ:
:laff: That's my favorite non dancing singer

WillOne92

Rookie
Daps
working on the home alone and the ne heartbreak tour, they were pretty mild with the details. everyone was out of control.

If you don't mind me asking, what was it like doing those arena tours during that time and how were the fellas upfront?

jackson35

Banned
Daps
If you don't mind me asking, what was it like doing those arena tours during that time and how were the fellas upfront?
on certain days, they were real cool, on other days when mics are not working right or when they didn't get was requested in their rider, they were not pleasant to be around. overall the tour was great, the crowd was feeling them and the opening acts

WillOne92

Rookie
Daps
on certain days, they were real cool, on other days when mics are not working right or when they didn't get was requested in their rider, they were not pleasant to be around. overall the tour was great, the crowd was feeling them and the opening acts

By any chance, did you also do the Budweiser Superfest tour in 1989 with the expanded lineups with Guy, Tony Toni Tone, etc.? I read that a fight broke out between the Guy/N.E camps.