Official The New Edition Story Thread

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Something I was wondering..how come one of there big hits "A little bit of love" was never covered ?

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps

Johnny Gill on the Breakfast Club

He answers why Johnny didn't have any family or a girl in the movie.....

They were going to portray Johnny's family in the story, but remember he's from DC and not Boston, and this is BET we're talking about... they cut that part out due to money. Plus Johnny wasn't even on the set due to his mother being sick during shooting so he was taking care of her in DC. Him and Luke James only talked once and that was it. This first time Johnny saw the movie was with everyone else, they didn't screen the film with him or anything.

He felt slighted they didn't even run the movie by him, but he was really happy the way Luke James portrayed him.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I watched it late, but my main takeaways are this:

Ralph is that dude. I really cannot be convinced otherwise. Just a standup guy.

Fav sequence is the kids and the Holding On montage. I watched that like 10 times. :wow:

I'm ready for more.

Fam, it's funny that that's the song I came away replaying the most after watching the movie.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:whoo: WOW!!! I just looked up Boyz II Men's discography on Wikipedia. According to Wikipedia, Boyz II Men's 1st album went 9x Platinum and their 2nd album went 12x Platinum (Their 3rd album in 1997 went 2x Platinum). Also the Christmas album they released in 1993 went 2x platinum, the remix album they released in 1995 went Platinum, the Greatest hits album they released in 2001 went Gold, and their 4th & 5th albums they released in the early 2000's both managed to go Gold.

:ohhh: If this is the case, Boyz II Men had be the biggest male R&B act (Solo or group) in the 90's. @#1 pick was right. I've yet to get into Boyz II Men's hits, so I was not aware they were this big.

@stomachlines

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:whoo: WOW!!! I just looked up Boyz II Men's discography on Wikipedia. According to Wikipedia, Boyz II Men's 1st album went 9x Platinum and their 2nd album went 12x Platinum (Their 3rd album in 1997 went 2x Platinum). Also the Christmas album they released in 1993 went 2x album, the remix album they released in 1995 went Platinum, the Greatest hits album they released in 2001 went Gold, and their 4th & 5th albums they released in the early 2000's both managed to go Gold.

:ohhh: If this is the case, Boyz II Men had be the biggest male R&B act (Solo or group) in the 90's. @#1 pick was right. I've yet to get into Boyz II Men's hits, so I was not aware they were this big.

@stomachlines

Yeah?

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
:whoo: WOW!!! I just looked up Boyz II Men's discography on Wikipedia. According to Wikipedia, Boyz II Men's 1st album went 9x Platinum and their 2nd album went 12x Platinum (Their 3rd album in 1997 went 2x Platinum). Also the Christmas album they released in 1993 went 2x album, the remix album they released in 1995 went Platinum, the Greatest hits album they released in 2001 went Gold, and their 4th & 5th albums they released in the early 2000's both managed to go Gold.

@stomachlines
I always knew that they were big but.:ohhh:....damn they did crazy numbers especially after reading this

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta

@stomachlines
Dang, I underestimated just how big they were. They were already icons to me, but I never looked up their stats like that. Props to them :salute:

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Something I was wondering..how come one of there big hits "A little bit of love" was never covered ?

The fact that they didn't even have a budget to do a video for this song is tragic fam MCA dropped the ball on that.

Them dudes killed that listen to that lit ass crowd breh :wow: I get the feeling if they would've signed with a better label those cats would've been even bigger