#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
as for ralph and whether or not he couldve been bigger:

while he had the talent, and i'm sure they wouldve put the resources around him, 2 things fukked up his solo career: timing and the public's change for rnb....first was timing, he waited too late...if he wouldve dropped his solo shyt right after the 1st NE album, he wouldve been good....

with that said, the change in society fukked him more than anything...he was a straight laced gentleman rnb singer, a throwback to the older style of rnb...by the time he came out as a solo act, society/the public had started down the path of not wanting that anymore...they wanted edgy type rnb acts...that's part of the reason bobby blew up the way he did; why jodeci was accepted faster and is looked back on more favorably than b2m, even though they sang about the same shyt; why the public turned on whitney for no other reason than they thought she was 'too clean imaged' (smh); etc......but it wasnt just in rnb, that change was happening in society period from wrestling to comics to movies etc....the public started going away from clear cut 'good'/'bad' guy images/roles/etc, an starting mixing the shyt up.....
Boyz II Men dominated the charts like no other R&B group ever, including New Edition. Don't front on BIIM

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the only part I disagree with they acted like the shyt with Diddy never happened didnt like that personally but I understand why the did it think it had to do more with the ending then anything.

I don't think puff would've signed off on them showing how he fukked over R&B legends on some let's be some 112 type shyt

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's a question to brehs, do you think if Bobby stayed off the drugs and hookers, he could've been as big as R KELLY was in the 90s. Bobby was the better dancer, and know kells had the better voice and better writer, but could bobby had been as big with the right people around him? or was he a product of new jack swing

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think puff would've signed off on them showing how he fukked over R&B legends on some let's be some 112 type shyt
Yeah if I'm not mistaken he doesn't have to sign off on it as long as he isnt misrepresented this has come up about pebbles suge knight jerry heller etc in these movies in the past.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah if I'm not mistaken he doesn't have to sign off on it as long as he isnt misrepresented this has come up about pebbles suge knight jerry heller etc in these movies in the past.

but for the music on bad boy doesn't puff own the masters to those songs so he would've had to release them right?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but for the music on bad boy doesn't puff own the masters to those songs so he would've had to release them right?
I don't think so not in movies I think they would have just had to pay to use them but once again I could be wrong on that.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Just imagine a young Ralph with a Quincy Jones behind him. He would have been way bigger than he was if he had someone like that pushing him and writing his music for him.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boyz II Men dominated the charts like no other R&B group ever, including New Edition. Don't front on BIIM

no fronting on b2m....the acceptance and turning on people i was talking about in music was from black people's perspective...we (blacks) turned on and/or didnt accept some acts as fast as others cause they were looked at as 'too clean', while others had that edge...it was also a change happening in society period....

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
no fronting on b2m....the acceptance and turning on people i was talking about in music was from black people's perspective...we (blacks) turned on and/or didnt accept some acts as fast as others cause they were looked at as 'too clean', while others had that edge...it was also a change happening in society period....
As a kid and my parents age loved BIIM