Official The New Edition Story Thread

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I JUST finished watching ALL 3 parts of this! @TheGregReaper :myman:

Man, I don't even know where to begin. I guess that this is the best music biopic best I've seen since The Jacksons American Dream and The Temptations biopic.

I loved how the movie focused on EVERYONE and it seems like we got a point of view from everybody's perspective. This was really really well done.

Great screenplay, directing and acting. All actors and actresses did a great job. This deserves some awards.

They did a great job capturing all the major events that took place and the timeline was on point.

This is how you do a biopic.

If and when this comes out on Blu-ray, I gotta get a copy.

These guys have seen it all and been through it all but at the end of the day, the LOVE for 1 another has always been there. BROTHERHOOD, love and respect for each other has always remained even when they won't always seeing eye to eye or even talking.

The camaraderie these brothers got for each is other is second to none and that's what shines through.

I haven't enjoyed watching something on tv this great in a long time.

Congrats to New Edition and BET for putting together an epic biopic.:salute: This is what I call an instant classic. :myman:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally got around to seeing this shyt.

The random Al Haymon drop.

I can't take Duane Martin's character seriously though after all of those episodes of Real Husbands of Hollywood. :dead:

Bobby Brown and his consistent level of fukkery. :dead:

Tank out here acting like half a Suge Knight. :deadmanny:

On some real shyt though, I think this is the best thing BET has done outside of Real Husbands of Hollywood.

Last edited:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Man, I don't even know where to begin. I guess that this is the best music biopic best I've seen since The Jacksons American Dream and The Temptations biopic.

I loved how the movie focused on EVERYONE and it seems like we got a point of view from everybody's perspective. This was really really well done.

Great screenplay, directing and acting. All actors and actresses did a great job. This deserves some awards.

They did a great job capturing all the major events that took place and the timeline was on point.

These guys have seen it all and been through it all but at the end of the day, the LOVE for 1 another has always been there. BROTHERHOOD, love and respect for each other has always remained even when they won't always seeing eye to eye or even talking.

The camaraderie these brothers got for each is other is second to none and that's what shines through.

Congrats to New Edition and BET for putting together an epic biopic.:salute: This is what I call an instant classic. :myman:
This is the only part I disagree with they acted like the shyt with Diddy never happened didnt like that personally but I understand why the did it think it had to do more with the ending then anything.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
This is the only part I disagree with they acted like the shyt with Diddy never happened didnt like that personally but I understand why the did it think it had to do more with the ending then anything.

Yeah, I feel what you saying. But it was a lot of ground to cover too and I think they got most of the most important shyt.

Tho, Diddy did help them out when they came back with the "One Love" album.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I feel what you saying. But it was a lot of ground to cover too and I think they got most of the most important shyt.

Tho, Diddy did help them out when they came back with the "One Love" album.
Yeah im ok with it though would have hurt the flow of the story with the wedding meet up at the end.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Yeah im ok with it though would have hurt the flow of the story with the wedding meet up at the end.

Yeah. I loved how they all reunited at the wedding. That was just perfect :mjcry:

At the end of the day, you can tell they all care about each other through the thick and the thin, they've always maintained a bond that can't be broken. :salute:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My pastor said "Ricky Bell" been playing the role of a teenager since 2006 (Take The Lead)
Off topic but Bianca Lawson played the role of a teenager FOREVER. That Black don't crack.

bianca-lawson-001.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

What about the "The Five Heartbeats"?

Ezigbo Nwanyi

From the East
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Home of Dr. Michael Okpara & GeneralAguiyi-Ironsi
Just finished watching all 3 parts, took me on emotional highs and lows. The best thing BET ever put out since Video Soul, Teen Summit, and Caribbean rhythms. Say what you want, but Ralph could of easily been a Michael Jackson protege if he left after the Candy Girl album. Dude voice is a complete replica. If Ralph had Babyface behind his first album dude probably would of went down in history books and relevant as a solo artist.