Official The New Edition Story Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow, i'm just finding this out :ohhh:

Ralph should had probably went with Teddy as producer for his first album :patrice:

Lets get this straight.... RALPH TRESVANT'S ALBUM DID NOT FLOP!!! Stop making it seem like his album flopped. It did not. He debuted with it being the number 1 R&B album in the country with Sensitivity being the number one R&B single. It was a PLATINUM ALBUM. It had several hit records off that album, and it was produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis while they were still in the height as superproducers! Don't get that shyt twisted. The ONLY issue was that despite it being a very SUCCESSFUL album in R&B standards.... it wasn't more successful than the rest of New Edition's solo projects of that period for reasons already been discussed. But don't assume it flopped or that having different producers would of made a difference because it wouldn't.... it was pretty much bad timing.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Lets get this straight.... RALPH TRESVANT'S ALBUM DID NOT FLOP!!! Stop making it seem like his album flopped. It did not. He debuted with it being the number 1 R&B album in the country with Sensitivity being the number one R&B single. It was a PLATINUM ALBUM. It had several hit records off that album, and it was produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis while they were still in the height as superproducers! Don't get that shyt twisted. The ONLY issue was that despite it being a very SUCCESSFUL album in R&B standards.... it wasn't more successful than the rest of New Edition's solo projects of that period for reasons already been discussed. But don't assume it flopped or that having different producers would of made a difference because it wouldn't.... it was pretty much bad timing.
I know it didn't flop, but it might(and that's a big might) had done even better in Teddy produced it, but who knows.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Was it stated why they did this? I'm assuming clearance on the real song shouldn't have been an issue since all the other songs got cleared..
No clue to be honest. You would think they'd have the rights to the songs. I guess they wanted to have all the guys actually out their voices on the songs.

As a side note, I think I may have figured out why they left out the Bad Boy era from the film. For the sake of the movie, it makes Ronnie's wedding look like more of a beautiful moment by painting it as the moment that reunites the guys after they went their separate ways. That moment has less of an impact if you throw in the fact that they actually got together a few years beforehand. I ain't mad at them for using creative license to change things up cause a bit for the sake of ending the film on a high note. Plus, the dudes weren't too happy about their time there so they probably elected to leave it out.