Official The New Edition Story Thread

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I don't know what it is but black tv mini series never disappoint. This is a new classic.
I'm a little young for NE, (I remember being a young cat and pops got the Home Again CD and the first joint was oh yeeeeeeeeah it feels so good to be back where we belong :banderas:) so it was good to hear the whole story not just the Bobby Brown Story.

A lot of names that I never knew were connected :leon:
Only thing I wish they would have shown, and I know they had to keep it respectful of Whitney, but showing that Bobby Brown/Preacher gang kidnapping scene would have been classic
http://www.biography.com/people/clarence-heatley-21241317

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I don't think a Jodeci standalone story could work. There's not enough there imo. I would think a "Uptown Records" story might work better. That would include Jodeci, Mary, Puffy, Christopher Williams, Heavy D, Father MC, etc...
Them actually being brothers, growing up in the church, Devante traveling to MN to meet Prince and sleeping on his porch, being bamas stranded in NYC, meeting Puff and blowing up, hanging with Death Row and Suge, Devante getting robbed and raped by Suge's goons, K-Ci and Mary, all the drugs, the basement, finding Tim and Missy, the house in Buffalo cut off from the world, Devante going on his Howard Hughes. I'd pay good money for that story

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Them actually being brothers, growing up in the church, Devante traveling to MN to meet Prince and sleeping on his porch, being bamas stranded in NYC, meeting Puff and blowing up, hanging with Death Row and Suge, Devante getting robbed and raped by Suge's goons, K-Ci and Mary, all the drugs, the basement, finding Tim and Missy, the house in Buffalo cut off from the world, Devante going on his Howard Hughes. I'd pay good money for that story
Unless you are talking about doing it without Jodeci's involvement, they wouldn't agree to at least half of those stories being told. You really think Devante going to sign off on him being raped or KC/Mary actually agreeing to what really happened between them?

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Unless you are talking about doing it without Jodeci's involvement, they wouldn't agree to at least half of those stories being told. You really think Devante going to sign off on him being raped or KC/Mary actually agreeing to what really happened between them?
That's the main problem with most biopics is that in order to tell a great story, you need the whole story. All six members of NE signed off on the film and let their truths be told. People are still shocked by the revelation of Ricky's drug problem.

Unless you can get an artist or their estate to sign off on telling everything, there's really no point in trying it out. You're gonna end up with a Lifetime quality film.