Official The New Edition Story Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I never got that impression I felt like they were both liked equally. But maybe in your circle it was like that but not mine
They were both liked but I see and got more people who :noah: about jodeci presently. I see a stronger nostalgia for them than BIIM,

Secondly jodeci was more "ours" if that makes sense. Jodeci = urban r&b, BIIM = pop/r&b

Last edited:

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
You know something I didn't even watch it...
Terrible I know.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Damn shyt looks dope actually. I'm gonna check for this one.
It is dope.

It earns its happy endings. It earns its positive moments. It feels its negative moments.

I'm glad I caught it. Thank you to the Coli. I ain't watched BET in years, but this was worth it. It's a very well done mini-series. Props to everybody involved. Wish the Emmys would recognize it.

/why wasn't Aaliyah's story like this?

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Jodeci >> BIIM in the black community...well the black community that was 25/30 and under during their runs. No one would argue that BIIM wasnt the bigger act, they had a broader audience with white folks and people my parent's age who saw them as a continuation of the soul groups they grew up with. My parents weren't listening to no damn jodeci, but they and my aunt owned them BIIM albums. Kids also had BIIM albums, but you'd be hard pressed to find a parent buying jodeci for their 8 year old daughter.

You can't take pure sales when it comes to measuring love and impact on the black community.
This is Real Talk.