Official The New Edition Story Thread

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I gotta give BET they props this was well done. I learn stuff about NE that I didn't know. Of course I wouldn't I was just born when they broke up and shyt. Anyways I'm still shocked how well this turned out.

I hope BET does another one of these but with higher production. A Devarge movie would be piff because they went through a lot of shyt. Or even venturing into the 90s era hip hop that's a whole lotta great material there that would be dope to see those pivotal moments in hip hop told by us

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Man, I need to go to sleep but I hit YouTube to watch some new edition videos, got pulled down each of their solo tracks, swung by Toni tony tone, mint condition, babyface, hi five, tevin Campbell, boyz ii men, jodeci, troop, Jon b, r kelly, shai...just :wow:

The fukk happened! And that's just the men! :damn:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I gotta give BET they props this was well done. I learn stuff about NE that I didn't know. Of course I wouldn't I was just born when they broke up and shyt. Anyways I'm still shocked how well this turned out.

I hope BET does another one of these but with higher production. A Devarge movie would be piff because they went through a lot of shyt. Or even venturing into the 90s era hip hop that's a whole lotta great material there that would be dope to see those pivotal moments in hip hop told by us
Debarge would be dope :ohhh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Did yall know that Maurice Starr went straight to creating New Kids On the Block after getting fired by NE?

Yup. That was all revenge. Same formula. 5 broke kids from a Boston hood only they were white.

And he did more for them

I remember that. Proves my belief that all of these modern boy bands were birthed from NE. Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98 Degrees, etc.

#BlackExcellence :wow:

This music shyt be so connected its scary at times...

It's crazy as hell just how much shyt you can connect back to prince due to his relations with others like Jimmy and Terry and shyt.

In fairness to NKOTB, they bow down every time NE gets mentioned.
@stomachlines

Co-sign to what @Black Andy Dwyer posted. In the last couple of years, I've went back & re-listened to hits from white boy bands like NSYNC & Backstreet and also black R&B groups like 112.

A lot of Backstreet Boys & NSYNC hits could pass for a song from black R&B group like 112. 112's hits could also pass for a song from a white boy bad. They all copied the same formula.

Anyways they need to do a biopic on New Kids on the Block because I don't know shyt about them. They were before my time. I've only heard about them because Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, other late 90's/early 00's boy bands always got compared to them.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@stomachlines

Co-sign to what @Black Andy Dwyer posted. In the last couple of years, I've went back & re-listened to hits from white boy bands like NSYNC & Backstreet and also black R&B groups like 112.

A lot of Backstreet Boys & NSYNC hits could pass for a song from black R&B group like 112. 112's hits could also pass for a song from a white boy bad. They all copied the same formula.

Anyways they need to do a biopic on New Kids on the Block because I don't know shyt about them. They were before my time. I've only heard about them because Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, other late 90's/early 00's boy bands always got compared to them.

Of course they bit and ate off of New Edition's blueprint and plate

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I'll be glad when people stop fallin' for all that shyt, lol...

Bobby ain't introduce Whitney to shyt, and Whitney ain't introduce Bob to shyt... they were both into it, and ended up doin' it together... her moms blamed Bobby cause it's easier to blame someone than accept that she did it on her own... Bobby sayin' Whitney did it cause there's still a bunch of shyt he doesn't own up to...

True statement.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Man, I need to go to sleep but I hit YouTube to watch some new edition videos....
:russ::russ:

I did the same thing, watched the replay at 11pm then looked at their interviews and old videos until about 2:30am.

So proud of these dudes, and especially all the actors including the kids. Everybody straight killed it.

Dude who played Bobby made me a fan of him as an actor.