Official The New Edition Story Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
fukking Kodi acting up. Don't have the stream up yet. And why is it showing that there is a part 4?

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like many others before this, I'm just gonna give BET major props for this, AND Viacom for mostly keeping their hands off of this. (They had to drop that Nashville/NE mash-up though...).Either way, I tuned into BET for the first time in many years because of this and it did not disappoint.

THIS is what we need to see on BET, not MTV nor VH1. I love, love, love when WE are able to tell our own stories. This is how the culture moves forward. I know some moments were somewhat watered down or left out, but the entire project was well-done. That I respect and after many years of personally boycotting BET, I give them a million props for doing this one right. They finally got these 5 dudes from Roxbury, MA and one from DC to agree to tell the real story, highs and lows, AND they agreed for the most part. Salute!!! Great product.

Now on to the next ones. Atlanta early-mid 90s.....Uptown/Bad Boy....Ruthless/Deathrow/Interscope....Minneapolis during the 80s and 90s....New Orleans mid-late 90s with No Limit & Cash Money....the Neo-Soul movement, from the UK to the USA that lasted for years and spawned many artists and classic music......so many stories that WE need to tell, before someone else claims it.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Glad they stuck to the story being about New Edition and not venturing into Bobby & Whitney or anything outside of the group dynamic. That's another movie for another time. Very well done and something I know I'll watch again and again.

Wish they went this route with Biggie and the upcoming Pac movie. A 2 hour movie just ain't enough especially for Pac. There's so much material to borrow from to give his story it's proper due.

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows