Official The New Edition Story Thread

Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Bell-Biv-Devoe-Three-Stripes.jpg

#9 om the iTunes Albums Chart

#7 now

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
They stuck the fukk out of that landing :banderas:

All the actors were great, but can we talk about the breh who played Bobby MURDERING the 'Every Little Step' video. Literally had me out of my seat like :lawd:

I found a whole new level of respect for Bryshere Y Gray in this too. He needs to get himself away from Lee Daniels ASAP:damn:

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
They stuck the fukk out of that landing :banderas:

Also can we talk about the breh who played Bobby MURDERING the 'Every Little Step' video. Literallyhad me out of my seat like :lawd:
FAM....that nikka had me marking out with that shyt, he DESTROYED it, and they OBLITERATED the BET Anniversary performance.

Some of the best performances I've seen in a long time.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can only imagine. You coming to record ne heartbreak and you see that nygga johnny gill in there, who is a beast.:mjlol:

I listen his greatest hits all the time. Incredible vocalist.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Johnny Gill was necessary for NE to take that next step. He brought a mature sound they didn't have.
Cmon son stop it they didn't need Johnny Gill to become more mature they need material that was more mature and rooted in rnb and in there character. If you listen to it the only two LPs that sound like a New Edition project are Heartbreak and Candy Girl because it was uniform sound.

But man i gained more respect for Bobby when you figure they kicked him out and left that nikka for dead at the age of 15yrs old and for bob to blow up outsell them become the headliner on there tour and now New Edition can't do nothing without him being brought up his truly incredible and one of the things that makes there story so unique

here is a recap of his performance on the Heartbreak tour they need to release this shyt on tape

Review/Music; Bobby Brown Holds a Garden Party

There are times when a performer seems to own the moment. At Madison Square Garden on Saturday night, the singer Bobby Brown, whose album ''Don't Be Cruel'' has sold more than three million copies and is lodged in the No. 1 spot on the Billboard pop chart, owned the moment.

Though there were three other acts on the show - all received enthusiastically by the audience during the five-hour concert - Mr. Brown ruled the stage. By the time he finished his performance, wearing a red boxing robe with ''King of the Stage'' printed on it and surrounded by the members of rap's aristocracy who had joined him onstage during an explosive version of his hit ''My Prerogative,'' Mr. Brown had been received like a conquering champion.

Mr. Brown, who is 20 years old, first came to prominence in the group New Edition, and is the first of the new generation of young singers mixing gospel-based soul singing with hip-hop rhythms to have made it big. In concert it's easy to see why Mr. Brown and his showmates - Al B. Sure and New Edition - have sold out Madison Square Garden during four recent appearances. Mr. Brown is a natural performer, someone who knows exactly how to drive a crowd into a frenzy. He's charismatic, and though his voice, hoarse and passionate, is limited, its very limitations make him appealing; his every foray at a note makes him appear to expend real emotional energy.

Mr. Brown appeared, flanked by two extraordinary dancers, with a cigar in mouth and a bowler hat. Launching into his hit ''Don't Be Cruel,'' he pulled out all the stops: sliding and dancing around the stage in complex, high-speed choreography - taken from hip-hop dancing, and more than a bit related to vaudeville entertainment - he and his dancers put on an intense visual show that had people in the audience chanting ''Go Bobby! Go Bobby!'' as if they were at a rap concert.

Ballads allowed Mr. Brown the flexibility to engage the audience with all sorts of tricks, making this an integral part of the show. ''Roni,'' his most recent hit, was broken into hundreds of discrete elements that turned a five-minute song into a 20-minute set piece, bringing in the audience as an integral part of the composition. He'd ask audience members to scream, and they would, loudly. He'd ask them to sing along, and like an immense choir, they would. He'd go down on his knees, and the crowd would shout. He'd unbutton his shirt, showing reams of gold jewelry, and women would holler. Pelvic thrust after pelvic thrust had the crowd going wild. He pulled a woman out of the audience, and using her as a prop, he performed a routine, explaining to the men in the audience the right way to approach a stranger who is attractive and female.

Although Mr. Brown played with images of sexuality - hip grinding, songs about love - more than anything he put on the image of the smart guy next door, knowing but friendly. It's part of his appeal, and combined with the grit of his hip-hop rhythms and soul singing, he's come up with an identity that appeals to a broad audience.

The show closed with Mr. Brown performing ''My Prerogative,'' during which Run of Run-D.M.C., L. L. Cool J and Heavy D all did some free-style rapping. Teddy Riley, the young producer who is a central figure of the new movement, took a keyboard solo while Eric B., K. R. S One, L. A. Reid and Babyface, and many more rap and soul luminaries watched from the stage. The communal scene on stage mirrored the feeling in the audience; everybody seemed aware that this was a generation that had rewritten the rules of pop entertainment, and was justifiably proud of its achievement.

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 parts and for different reasons. They had a mini reunion when they did the "Word to the Mutha" song and video. Now that would've been dope if they could've found a way to squeeze that into the movie. They needed a Part 4 because Part 3 was rushed for that first hour. Maybe it's because I just wanted more.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
That was actually supposed to be Suge Knight. He did bodyguard/protection work for various artists even after establishing Death Row.

:patrice:Couldn't be Suge. That scene took place in 1997. Suge was already Suge Knight, CEO of Death Row records by then. In fact he would have been in prison at that time.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
The show closed with Mr. Brown performing ''My Prerogative,'' during which Run of Run-D.M.C., L. L. Cool J and Heavy D all did some free-style rapping.

A Bobby Brown show in 88 where Run DMC, LL and Heavy D came out and freestyled on 'My Prerogative' must have been :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow: