Official The New Edition Story Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That was a lot to read, but I wasn't talking about the content matter. I was talking about vocally and sonically. As Jheryl Busby said when they had the minstrel show in the MCA office, they couldn't sing. While that was harsh, they weren't the best singers especially compared to other groups during that era. Gill by far is the best vocalist of the group and took them to that next level. He makes Can You Stand the Rain, not Ralph.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I need to go to sleep but I hit YouTube to watch some new edition videos, got pulled down each of their solo tracks, swing by Toni tony tone, mint condition, baby face, hi five, tevin Campbell, boyz ii men, jodeci, troop, Jon b, r kelly, shai...just :wow:

The fukk happened! And that's just the men! :damn:

Mainstream R&B:francis:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:clap: overall dope documentary. When they showed them on Video Soul and them creating the old videos :mjcry: I hope this doc inspires these new R&B guys. We need that soulful shyt back the mainstream asap.
Yep we need groups back, most of these solo acts now aren't good enough to be a one man act, mostly due to not being able to sing that well:francis:

Luke James is a beast though:myman:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Great movie...so nostalgic....I'm gonna watch it every time BET replays it, cause you know they gonna replay it 500 times...
I want that Boys 2 Men movie next.......oh...and Jodeci :banderas:
Boyz ii men is behind the music material, not full on biopic. But jodeci would shut all this down!

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Boys 2 Men movie would be so boring. I'd take a Tony Toni Tone' movie before that.
Tony Toni Tone is underrated musically but nah, I'd put money on Boys II Men having more fukkery, especially with the amount of records they sold. Tony Toni Tone had a short run.

I sense Oakland bias here.